Locus Energy is looking for a talented Sys Admin / DevOps Engineer passionate about renewable energy, big data, and operating large-scale distributed Linux systems.
- Position at a Solar Energy Technology Company
We are a fast-growing SaaS company looking for a talented ops engineer to work closely with our growing development team to help us maintain our uptime as we continue to acquire new customers and scale our systems.
You will be responsible for the overall health and performance of our platform, and work will include tool development and contribution to the overall design of new platform features.
You should have proven capabilities and deep Linux expertise, since you will take primary responsibility for scaling our fast-growing renewable energy data and analytics platform (built in Linux/Java/Scala), while also improving security and redundancy.
The ideal candidate is someone passionate about problem solving with a proven record of learning and implementing new technologies.
About Locus Energy
Locus Energy is a leading provider of monitoring and analytics for distributed renewable energy systems. We are a small but fast growing startup, and have offices in downtown San Francisco and New York. We are building a team of individuals who are excited about creating smarter software to reduce the cost of managing solar energy systems, and thereby accelerating the shift away from fossil fuels.
Skills & Requirements:
- Ensure our systems are up and running well
- Explore ways to improve our infrastructure
- Promote a culture of designing/building with testing and monitoring in mind
- Learn and implement new technologies or build them yourself in order to help us achieve unparalleled reliability
- Identify potential scaling issues in our infrastructure and help define how to monitor and fix them
- Deep expertise with Linux
- Experience deploying and maintaining cloud-based systems (e.g., Amazon EC2)
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring software (e.g., Nagios)
- Experience working closely with a development team
- Operations experience
- Interest in solar power and the technologies that can accelerate the widespread adoption of renewable energy
To apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Experience with at least one scripting language (Perl, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience with database administration
- Experience with Git
- Understanding of networking principles like load balancing and proxying
- Background in security
- Exposure to continuous integration tools like Jenkins, Hudson, or Teamcity
- Experience with log management like Logstash, Graylog, or Graphite
~ Technology, environment, solar ~
Locus Energy - 7 months ago