Our direct client is seeking a Mac/Windows Systems Administrator.
- Provide administration and support for Apple ecosystem of OS X and iOS based devices and software.
- Proactively troubleshoot and build OS X and Linux-based servers.
- Provide a second level support for Microsoft Windows environment including Active Directory, DNS, Windows Server, Exchange and IIS.
- Assist with managing a business critical Red Hat-based Xinet/Fullpress system.
- Assist with maintaining a font server environment based on Extensis's UTS server. Oversee font deployment, licensing and compliance.
- Responsible for supporting end-point management suites including Casper, Altiris and BigFix. Build and deploy system images, software and patches.
- Support all aspects of creative environment including Adobe Creative Suite, Avid, Final Cut Pro and similar software.
- Monitor and document network and systems operation on a daily basis.
- Responsible for SOX compliance from Mac/Linux perspective.
- Troubleshoot network and software issues as they arise.
- Protect the data system and databases from unauthorized access, data loss and ensure proper functioning. Responsible for overall security compliance and best practices in Mac/Linux environment.
- Perform and document system backups and restores.
- Proactively communicate network and telecommunications issues with all affected individuals.
- Assist other IT staff and users as requested.
- Accessible for computer support after hours, on holidays, and weekends.
- 4+ years of system administration experience in an Active Directory bound Mac environment.
- 6+years of desktop support experience in corporate environment.
- Excellent Linux Skills - command line level expertise.
Active Directory, DNS, Windows Server, Exchange,
Mac and Windows administration,
OS X and iOS devices and software
Strong customer service skills.
Occasional travel to regional office is required.
Ability to work additional hours as required, with or without advance notification, based on a demanding workload.
Design Strategy Corporation - 12 months ago