As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 24,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer for Pax River Naval Air Station. Duties include: planning, designing, evaluating, and selecting monitoring solutions and tools for an Enterprise Data Center environment. Provides third-level customer support to include troubleshooting and problem determination, monitoring, and log analysis.
Day-to-day activities involve designing, documenting, testing, monitoring and providing management solutions with responsibilities for NetIQ AppManager 7, NetIQ Control Center, NetIQ Analysis Center, and AppManager Performance Profiler.
Work hours: Between the hours of 5:30am and 6:30pm; occasional nights and weekends; on-call rotating schedule
- System and application performance monitoring for an enterprise Data Center
- Assesses management tools and recommends best practice solutions for large-scale enterprise monitoring
- Researches and recommends new technologies to fulfill the mission of the Enterprise Solutions Monitoring team.
- Resolves difficult interoperability problems to obtain operation across all platforms
- May act as a technical project leader or provide work leadership for lower level employees
- Applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts
- Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts
- Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious
- Works under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives
- Capable of self-initiating projects
- Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
8-10 years of related hardware engineering experience.
- Experience with NetIQ AppManager Suite (version 7), REM engineering, Fault tree analysis, or WhatsUP Gold a plus.
- MUST be experienced with Microsoft Windows Server 2003-2008
- MUST be experienced with Active Directory
- MUST be able to troubleshoot SQL Server
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server environments, queries and transactions
- Knowledge of Windows/VB/WMI scripting a must
- An ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a fast paced environment, has the ability to work and think well independently, and works well in teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using HEAT ticketing system. Strong and current Microsoft Windows experience and related certifications.
Security Clearance Requirements: The candidate should be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance as a minimum and have a favorably adjudicated background investigation (SSBI).
- Knowledge of MS Exchange Server environments
- Knowledge of NetIQ Security Manager a plus
- Knowledge of NetIQ Control Center a plus
- Knowledge of NetIQ Analysis Center a plus
- SAN experience a plus
- Experience with IIS and clustering a plus
- Documentation skills a plus
- Capacity to work unsupervised
- Willingness to learn new technologies
8570 Requirements: Security+ and MCSE
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 11 months ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...