About the Job:
Apsalar is looking for an Operations Engineer to manage our production platform. Reporting to the VP of Technical Operations, this role will be responsible for working closely with internal clients such as our data science, engineering, and customer service teams. There is an on-call component to this job.
The ideal candidate will have at least three years experience as a system administrator and two years experience operating a hadoop cluster.
Nice to Have’s
- Experience in installation, configuration and management of Hadoop Clusters
- Experience in understanding and managing Hadoop Log Files
- Experience in managing the Hadoop infrastructure
- Experience in maintaining hardware, working with vendors to resolve problems.
- Experience in setting up automated monitoring on Hadoop Cluster using Nagios or Zabbix and Gangalia.
- Experience on UNIX commands and Shell Scripting (bash required).
- JVM performance tuning
- Strong understanding of Unix style operating systems
- Experience with Hadoop workload analysis tools
- Experience with kernel performance tuning
- Experience in setting up the High-Availability Hadoop Clusters (Hadoop 2.0)
- Experience with cfengine, puppet, or chef
- Experience as a Postgres DBA
- Experience debugging network problems
- Strong understanding of storage sub-systems
- Company lunches & socials on Fridays
- Company breakfasts on Tuesdays
- Kegerator on site
- Responsible self starters enjoy who complete goals in a timely manner enjoy a lot of autonomy
- 401k Plan
- Company-paid premiums for healthcare (Kaiser or Anthem), vision, & dental.
- Pre-tax Commuter/Parking plans
- Walking distance to BART and CalTrain. Near I-80 on ramp. Parking lot across the street.
- Opportunity for the willing to learn about network engineering, system administration, and more. If you want to learn, we probably have something to teach.
Apsalar provides mobile measurement & user intelligence solutions for enterprise marketers, allowing them to effectively measure mobile marketing efforts and lifetime value. With Apsalar, app marketers can also unify their user data to enrich mobile user profiles, analyze their most valuable mobile audiences and segment them for retargeting or monetization.
In addition to being an original Facebook Mobile Measurement Program (MMP) partner, Apsalar boasts 300+ publisher/network/technology integrations. Over 35,000 apps have installed the Apsalar SDK, reaching over 1.5 billion mobile devices. As an independent mobile measurement provider, we never sell our clients’ data or use it for media buying.
Based in San Francisco and with offices across the U.S., Apsalar has raised $17M from top-tier venture capital firms including DCM, Thomvest Ventures, Battery Ventures, and DN Capital. Go ahead and set your career trajectory with the mobile app industry - one of the fastest growing markets ever.
Apsalar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.