- Minimum 5 years experience in systems administration in Windows environment required.
- Hands-on experience with UNIX-based computer administration.
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP and routing – Cisco experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical or critical thinking, research, and leadership skills
- Working knowledge of emergency and disaster recovery planning practices and programs
- Documentation experience
- College degree preferred.
- MCSE or equivalent certification.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for activities related to system administration in a Windows environment. Primary role will be in support of creating and maintaining DR/HA environment, policies, and procedures. Responsibilities include:
- Ensure IT disaster recovery plans are appropriately documented and maintained. This may include investigation, planning, documentation, and revision of disaster recovery plans
- Provide technical support throughout scheduled disaster recovery test efforts
- Develop, update and communicates standard, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and related tools as appropriate.
- Coordinates utilization of computer hardware, software and other data processing related systems that support TransFirst internal and external customers.
- Install and maintains operating systems and related software to ensure stable performance.
- Evaluate system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Troubleshoots networking and operating systems problems
- Other duties as assigned.
COMPANY INFO: TransFirst, one of the nation's leading providers of secure payment processing, provides products and services that can help businesses of every size grow and prosper. We offer solutions tailor-made for merchants, financial institutions, independent sales professionals and referral/reseller partners. With more than 15 years of experience and an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, we make it our mission to help all of our business partners grow and succeed. Here are some company facts:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Basic and supplemental life insurance
- Basic and supplemental AD&D insurances, short and long term disability
- 401(k) plan with company match; including a Roth contribution option
- Flexible reimbursement accounts (FSA)
- Vacation, sick and personal time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- TransFirst University (TFU) courses: business communication, computer skills, personal and professional ethics; and training in TransFirst service and products and the payment processing industry
- Employee Recognition Awards
- Annual Health Fair and Craft Fair
- On-site Grab and Go Food Market
- Serve 175,000 merchants, financial institutions and ISO/ISA sales partners
- Annual transaction volume run rate of approximately $30 billion
- Privately owned; equity partner is Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe
- More than 900 employees
- Headquartered in Hauppauge, New York, with additional operations facilities in Dallas, TX; Broomfield, CO; Aurora, CO; Omaha, NB; Overland Park, KS; Franklin, TN; and Cypress, CA.
Transfirst - 24 months ago
Welsh makes wealth. Private equity firm Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe (WCAS) invests in growing health care, information, and business...