• Minimum 5 years experience in systems administration in Windows environment required.
• Hands-on experience with UNIX-based computer administration.
• Advanced understanding of TCP/IP and routing – Cisco experience preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical or critical thinking, research, and leadership skills
• Working knowledge of emergency and disaster recovery planning practices and programs
• Documentation experience
• College degree preferred.
• MCSE or equivalent certification.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for activities related to system administration in a Windows environment. Primary role will be in support of creating and maintaining DR/HA environment, policies, and procedures. Responsibilities include:
• Ensure IT disaster recovery plans are appropriately documented and maintained. This may include investigation, planning, documentation, and revision of disaster recovery plans
• Provide technical support throughout scheduled disaster recovery test efforts
• Develop, update and communicates standard, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and related tools as appropriate.
• Coordinates utilization of computer hardware, software and other data processing related systems that support TransFirst internal and external customers.
• Install and maintains operating systems and related software to ensure stable performance.
• Evaluate system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
• Troubleshoots networking and operating systems problems
• Other duties as assigned.
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Basic and supplemental life insurance
• Basic and supplemental AD&D insurances, short and long term disability
• 401(k) plan with company match; including a Roth contribution option
• Flexible reimbursement accounts (FSA)
• Vacation, sick and personal time off
• Tuition reimbursement
• TransFirst University (TFU) courses: business communication, computer skills, personal and professional ethics; and training in TransFirst service and products and the payment processing industry
• Employee Recognition Awards
• Annual Health Fair and Craft Fair
• On-site Grab and Go Food Market
COMPANY INFO: TransFirst, one of the nation's leading providers of secure payment processing, provides products and services that can help businesses of every size grow and prosper. We offer solutions tailor-made for merchants, financial institutions, independent sales professionals and referral/reseller partners. With more than 15 years of experience and an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, we make it our mission to help all of our business partners grow and succeed. Here are some company facts:
• Serve over 200,000 merchants, financial institutions and ISO/ISA sales partners
• Annual transaction volume run rate of approximately $36 billion
• Privately owned; equity partner is Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe
• More than 900 employees
• Headquartered in Hauppauge, New York, with additional operations facilities in Dallas, TX; Broomfield, CO; Aurora, CO; Omaha, NE; Overland Park, KS; Franklin, TN; and Cypress, CA.
Transfirst - 14 months ago
Welsh makes wealth. Private equity firm Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe (WCAS) invests in growing health care, information, and business...