Do you... |
Team members of Rentrak's Infrastructure Systems Group design and support mission-critical systems running a complex application stacks. Our work group functions as a collaborative cross-trained unit. All team members utilize their system administration experience, knowledge, troubleshooting skills, and scripting abilities to design, deploy, monitor, and automate all operational aspects of Rentrak's platforms.
- Have a passion for solving technical problems, from the network to the application stack?
- Want to build and manage solutions that provide infrastructure for deploying, managing, and maintaining hundreds of servers?
- Desire to design and implement automated systems infrastructure?
- Prefer to understand how something works, versus simply being content with knowing it does work?
As administrators of the central technical infrastructure for the company, we place a strong emphasis on providing excellent customer service to a broadly defined range of customers, including our internal users, developers, operators, business managers, and external clients. If you are looking to be an invisible cog in the machine, look elsewhere; if you are ready to make a difference to your coworkers and earn your daily thanks, come join us!
Required Technical Skills:
and must also present strong soft skills for a team-oriented environment:
- 5 + years experience as a System Administrator in a Linux based environment
- Demonstrated experience with configuration management, provisioning, monitoring and trending, package building, firewalls and general support of developers
- Experience in enterprise level storage and network technologies a plus
- Experience in large database operation environment a plus.
- Experience in Big Data, software development environment a plus
- Experience in service management process and practices such as ITIL a plus
- Familiarity with the following is a plus: CentOS, VMware, configuration engines like CFEngine or Puppet, Active Directory and LDAP, syslog and log analysis tools like Splunk, monitoring tools like Nagios or Tripwire. BIND, Git, Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, Postfix, NetBackup, switch and firewall configuration.
- Experience and acute sense of issues/project ownership
- Excellent internal customer service
- Positive attitudes and outlook
- Holistic problem solving
- Aptitude for root cause analysis
- Can-do attitude
- More collaborative than heroic in problem-solving
- Enough experience and maturity to accept that you do not know everything and welcome the opportunity to learn new things on a daily basis
- Help teammates by asking probative questions when given a vague request
Rentrak headquarters are in beautiful Portland, Oregon, near scenic mountains, beaches, and rivers. Our office has convenient access to public transportation and the freeway.
- Function as a technical generalist within a team responsible for the overall health and performance of our systems
- Work with development teams to design, implement, troubleshoot, monitor, and improve corporate projects
- Function as self-motivated issues/project owner coordinating, gathering, and research for resources to accomplish responsibilities
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation
We offer a friendly team oriented workplace and our benefits are among the best in the business including matching 401K program, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, wellness programs, tuition reimbursement, an extremely generous vacation package and more.
Rentrak proudly supports Affirmative Action. Rentrak is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screen. Rentrak participates in eVerify.
*No recruiters or agencies