As a Systems Administrator - Unix, you will help lead the Unix System Administration team which provides 24x7 production support for mission critical environments accessed worldwide.
NOTE: MUST BE OPEN AND WILLING TO WORK AFTER BUSINESS HOURS AND PROVIDE WEEKEND COVERAGE
This position is part of the Citco Information Technology team and reports to Systems Administration Lead / Manager.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Addressing day-to-day server issues in a production environment that require quick turnaround during and outside of business hours
- Perform essential UNIX administration tasks – server builds, patching, user administration, cluster management, software installations, performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Work closely with project managers on planning and coordination of production deployments
- Prepare the environments for production changes and oversee deployment activities
- Promptly respond to telephone calls, voice-mail and e-mail
- Resolve and document system errors and performance issues
- Perform root cause analysis of critical errors and outages
- Identification and resolution of customer issues
- Accept responsibility and personal accountability
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Undergraduate degree in computing or computing equivalent or technical-related area together with equivalent working experience
- Strong technical background
- 3-5 years of experience supporting critical business applications on the Solaris 10 Operating System
- Must have experience supporting Oracle database environments and understand Oracle concepts (RMAN,RAC,PGA, Data Guard, etc)
- Experience supporting Exadata database appliance is a plus
- Must be proficient in one or more scripting languages
- Must have good knowledge of Solaris Volume Manager and Sun Cluster products
- Experience with NetBackup software is a plus
- Take personal ownership (going beyond assigned tasks to make a project better, identify and reports issues, demonstrate strong concern for client and initiatives).
- Demonstrate strategic thinking.
- Willingness to assist fellow team members.
- Demonstrate use of professional judgment on the job
- Willingness and ability to work in teams is essential
- Must have good written and verbal English communication skill.
- Must be able to multitask, meet deadlines and changing priorities. Must be able to work in high-pressure environment, sometimes independently and sometimes as part of a project team.
- Flexibility and ability to deal with change
- Flexibility in work schedule according to project and business needs
- Perform other technical duties as assigned
We offer a challenging job in a growing international company, an opportunity to expand your business knowledge by working with prestigious clients and complex financial and technological instruments, and a friendly and fast-paced environment. Additionally, Citco is proud to offer our employees competitive compensation, vacation and health insurance benefits.
INTEREST IN APPLYING?
Please click here to apply: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CITCO&cws=1&rid=542
Find out more about us! www.citco.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY ACT (ADA) STATEMENT:
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled must be able to perform the essential job specific functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the organization on a case by case basis.