IT Operations Specialist – Systems Administrator
The Information Technology Operations Center (ITOC) provides
24\7 operational support for all IT Infrastructure for the
Travelers. The ITOC is responsible to ensure that all IT problems are
acknowledged, diagnosed, resolved and documented in a timely manner. The ITOC
is also responsible for successful implementation of IT changes within
the IT Infrastructure. The ITOC OperationsCenter supports 4 major
technology disciplines which include: Host Mainframe Systems and
Applications, Data Network Devices and Transport , Voice
technologies and Client / Server Systems and Applications. The
incumbent applies learned experience, technical expertise, and excellent
customer service skills to ensure system and application
availability. The incumbent works in a team environment where excellent
communication and team work is required.
Specific Job Function:
Systems Administrator - Experienced Systems
Administrator with 3-5 years of experience in a large enterprise environment
supporting various server hardware and software. The incumbent will have
mastered all industry accepted system /server administrator
responsibilities. The incumbent will be accountable to readily
detect, diagnose, resolve problems within the enterprise server environment.
These responsibilities will include:
Technical Skills :
Understand and support various Operating Systems: ( Windows, Unix,
Understand and support various Backup Solutions: (
Avamar, Networker, Commvault)
Understand and support : Vmware, Citrix, SAN Solutions, Active Directory, DNS,
Understand and Support Various systems management tools: Sitescope, BMC
Products ( Blade Logic, BEM, Patrol, Atrium Orchestrator)
Understand and resolve complex IT server problems
Understand and resolve computer hardware technical issues
Understand, diagnose, and repair server hardware problems.
Understand and install hardware bios and firmware software.
Experience with ticketing and tracking systems for incident and change
Must be able to technically articulate troubleshooting and repair processes and
- must be able to follow technical processes and procedures
- must be able to work within a team environment and adapt well to
- must be an excellent multi-tasker and flexible to various work
- must be service delivery focused, with a positive attitude
- must be a good communicator and adapts to various customer
- must be able to work well under pressure
- must be able to interact with various levels of management and
- must be responsive, quick to execute and take action
- must be able to work independently, with little supervision.
- must be a quick learner and quick to pick up technology
- must be able to implement solutions
relating to technical problems and deficiencies with minimal direction from
- must have a continuous improvement mindset
- must be able to adjust to
ever changes work priorities and schedules.
- must have excellent
- must be willing to share
knowledge and coach and mentor others.
Work Schedule :
Work Hours – The Work hours for this position will be 08:00 – 17:00 hrs Monday
through Friday. The candidate would spend 8-10 weeks completing a training
and on-boarding program and over time begin to assume specific job