Bachelor's Degree required
Systems analysis and applications programming involving single or multiple information technology systems; to assist in the overall analysis and design of information technology systems; to assist lower level employees in the development and maintenance of information technology subsystems and programs. Employee is responsible for multiple information technology subsystem conceptualization, design, planning, implementation, and maintenance, and for user and computer operations personnel training. Work includes conceiving, designing, and maintaining databases and software integrated with other systems; translating specifications into computer language; testing results; designing or assisting in the design of file structures. Incumbents are expected to bring projects to conclusion, including development of operating procedures, instruction and training, and required documentation. Work is performed and technical decisions made with some latitude for independent judgment, under general supervision with performance judged by results obtained. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Work effectively with customers to learn specific design requirements and perform analysis and design of computer applications.
2. Analyzes problems and prepares functional workflow diagrams, input and output forms, and detailed requirements of computer program specifications.
3. Writes, corrects, and makes modifications to computer programs.
4. Successfully develops and executes test plans that thoroughly test applications and allow for quality implementations of new or modified applications and reviews results.
5. Prepares and maintains documentation of applications.
6. Project management skills and ability to direct project teams
7. Evaluates improvements and benefits which could be derived from modifications of existing systems.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Analyze, interpret, and present research findings to prepare design specification.
- Analyze specifications and instructions to develop appropriate systems and programs.
- Design effective information technology subsystems and develop appropriate programs.
- Conduct analysis, interpret research findings, conceive a variety of solutions to functional problems, and reduce abstract ideas to easily understood procedures.
- Maintain multiple information technology systems using different programming languages and operating systems.
- Monitor and/or observe data to determine program problems.
- Develop logical code for efficient program execution.
- Debug new and existing programs.
- Capabilities, limitation, and functional application of information technology.
- Mini and large scale computer systems and applications.
- Local Area Networks (LANs) and Wide Area Networks (WANs).
- Flowcharting, data modeling, process modeling, form design, and control procedures.
- Research methods and techniques including structured system analysis and design, and information engineering.
- Project management and project life cycle
- Data input methods and control techniques for computer processing.
- Data communications security and privacy techniques.
- Principles for conducting a business system analysis, including the analysis of procedures, equipment, and methods.
- Forms design and report design.
- At least one type of database organization access and retrieval technique.
- High level computer programming languages.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in computer science, information systems or related field.
- Requires a minimum of 3 years of computer applications programming and development.
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center is a 222-bed hospital, located in Cheyenne, Wyoming. We provide exceptional patient care and are passionate...