Ke`aki Technologies, LLC, headquartered in Honolulu, Hawaii, is a Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO) owned business. A premier government services company, Ke`aki Technologies offers a full spectrum of solutions that improve the performance and operational effectiveness of our government and Department of Defense customers. Our mission synchronized solutions are designed to deliver exactly what our customers need, when they need it. From base and range operations to biomedical defense support to telecommunications and IT services, we deliver the exact talent, tools and technologies needed to meet mission requirements.
Ke`aki Technologies, LLC, has an exciting opportunity for a Systems Analyst – OB/GYN position. The position will be located at the Tripler Army Medical Center in Honolulu, Hawaii. Continuation of employment is dependent upon program/operational needs, satisfactory work performance, and availability of funds.
Coordinate with applicable IMD technical branches for implementation plans and provide recommendations for new systems. This includes acting as the liaison between assigned departments and IMD. Analytical duties involving understanding and evaluating the feasibility of a new system’s technical methodologies in terms of meeting the hospital system’s design requirements. Works under IMD staff guidance for the adoption of current methodology. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of IT issues and regulations and how they apply to their assigned department’s business process and advise department on expected anomalies within the IT arena regarding issues that might inhibit productivity or patient care for the department.
Participates in departmental meetings and briefings for IT evaluations with IMD branches and the technical review process. Take part in a collaborative understanding of the technical feasibility of clinical and administrative systems by participating in the presentation of recommendations and preparing documentation, which include assessments of new equipment and software requests.
Serve as the Information Security (INFOSEC) point of contact for assigned departments and work directly in support of the Information Assurance Manager (IAM). Duties include insuring security issues such as Operating System (OS) updates and IAVA’s are addressed in a timely manner. In situations where systems are Food and Drug Administration (FDA) certified or are restrained from timely IAVA compliance because of third party application software, incumbent will work with IMD staff to move these systems to protected virtual local area network (VLAN) enclaves. In all cases, follow-up must be made with the vendors to insure that proper remediation is performed on all systems when patches are made available.
Depending on departmental specific requirements, assigned to serve as system administrator, application administrator, web content manager using Sharepoint, and site manager for specific clinical and administrative systems upon arrival of the Chief Information Officer (CIO).
Attend monthly SA meetings and other IMD meeting events where SA’s are expected/invited to participate.
Perform software installation (IAVA) and provide for orderly shutdown and restart of systems when required for monthly maintenance (IAVA) and special maintenance on computer rooms or network infrastructure. Alternate work schedule shall be used when incumbent has to perform these tasks after normal duty hours.
Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for supported systems to include detailed startup/shutdown documentation.
Escalate and coordinate IT problems with appropriate IMD branches.
Troubleshoot and resolve issues on system interfaces.
Perform system recovery operations in the event of network/power failure.
Support IMD Staff with technical requirements analysis of subordinate activity’s automation needs (i.e. network system planning, documentation, LAN expansion/capacity planning, and archiving.
Support/implement departmental IAVA compliance, DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation (DIACAP) documentation, Privacy Impact Assessments (PIA), Army Certificate of Networthiness (CON), and other system documentation. Comply with all Information Assurance ( IA) and DIACAP requirements which includes insuring servers and applications meet Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security technical Implementation Guides (STG) requirements, IAVA patching requirements, IA controls, and all future IA mandates and guidance.
Provide SA coverage for departments and systems when assigned contractor staff is not available. This would entail cross training between SA’s.
Provide assistance with deployments of hardware and software, server maintenance, assistance with Certificate of Networthiness applications, and other short term project assistance by Customer Support system analysis.
Provide support by either resolving or escalating computer related technical problems to include issues with department specific application software.
Maintain and back-up existing department database.
Manage and administer integrated systems that provide patient monitoring and alerting in the NICU. Troubleshoot, resolve, and escalate technical problems to the correct points of contact when problems occur.
Provide system management, training, and ad hoc reporting
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree in a related field or equivalent
- At least two (2) years of system analyst experience
- Must obtain IA certification requirements from the CompTIA program (A+ Certification) as required by the Government and to maintain current requirements thereafter.
- Must obtain Tuberculosis (TB) and MMR vaccinations prior to the date of hire and maintain TB vaccination annually or as required by the hospital.
- Within 6 months from date of hire, must be able to obtain/pass Windows Server 2008 certification
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Maintain a professional and courteous approach to customer service when interfacing with all levels of customers from support staff to managers.
- Work a flexible schedule
- Provide excellent customer service
- Proficient in Microsoft Products
- Federal/DoD project exposure
- Be able to multi task and meet deadlines.
- Remotely troubleshoots hardware and software installation problems and walk users through desktop configuration solutions
- Provide onsite assistance to resolve problems and develop on-going solutions, as necessary
- In a high volume environment, must utilize approved triage procedures and analyzes
reported symptoms to determine the core problem quickly and accurately, especially when dealing with critical business system outages that affect staff productivity
- Requires good hand-eye coordination; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp and use a keyboard and mouse.
- Requires visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information.
- May require to sit for long periods
- Experience with working in a Hospital environment
- Knowledge of Emergin, KINETDX, OBChart, and/or Viewpoint systems
Clearance required: Applicants may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
For additional information on Ke`aki Technologies, LLC, please visit www.keakitech.com .
Ke`aki Technologies, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA) and applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, marital status, or genetic information.
Ke`aki Technologies - 18 months ago