The SCCM Consultant will be responsible for providing technical knowledge and skill in Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) including installation, customization, deployment, and problem solving. This position will be expected to understand the System Center Configuration Manager product and be able to effectively deploy and manage its utilization. This position will be responsible to setting standards and best practices for the products, and training of technical staff to support configuration of the SCCM product.
- Standup Test & Development environment
- Standup Production Environment
- Migration and testing of existing packages
- SCCM Infrastructure conversion, Production Rollover
- Migrate 2007 Clients
- Enable Internet IP based clients, and Remote Site configuration for ~60 remote sites
- Definition and configuration of management groups for SW deployment control.
- Export of compliance data for management reporting/dashboards
- 2 - 5 years of System Center Configuration Manager experience required
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills in a multi-tier environment to assist with potential production and system integration issues
- Support the deployment and implementation of customer production releases
- Work collaboratively with the team and other groups to develop, deploy, document, and maintain a cohesive enterprise systems management architecture.
- Provide technical expertise related to processes and procedures
- Development of technology solutions, testing, and documentation
- Work with application owners, infrastructure support groups and operations to define systems requirements.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Deploy and enhance standard server systems best practices.
- Shell programming and use of automated scripting packages (PowerShell, Perl, etc) for system administration and software installation, management.
- Follow development and implementation procedures, including the development and execution of test plans, change control, development of system documentation. Ensure high quality by participating in and following industry best practices processes.
- Responsible for monitoring of processes, system triage and recovery, providing advanced technical consultation on design and engineering solutions, supporting system implementations and integrations, systems analysis and diagnosis, trouble-shooting, performance analysis and resolution as well as technical leadership/mentorship to peers, build, plan team members, and management
- Maintain documentation and validation processes to ensure adherence to institutional, state, and federal policies and regulations.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Educational Requirements :
- Prior Consulting experience desired
- 1 -3 years exposure to IT Service Management
- Ensure security of technology solutions
- Administer, validate, and review user and system accounts, access controls, audit logs and system integrity to maximize system security and data confidentiality.
- Monitor and adjust technology systems and tools to meet the business and organization needs.
- System integration experience desired
- Multi-tier environment experience desired
- Other configuration platform experience desired
Windward strives to attract and retain the best individuals and provide an environment where they can all grow professionally and build a rewarding career. We continually strive to create an environment that balances work life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance.
- Degree in CS, EE or related MIS field preferred.
Windward IT Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status
Windward IT Solutions - 12 months ago