Primary technical resource for packaging manufacturing system. Identify, lead, develop, and execute solutions for quality and performance improvements on these production systems. The Packaging System Engineer reports to the Carson Plant Technical Manager.
* Demonstrate technical and business expertise on systems/products/technologies you are responsible for improving.
* Provide technical support and troubleshooting expertise to the Form Fill Seal lines.
* Demonstrate strong troubleshooting skills through the use of continuous improvement techniques (Lean, TPM, Kaizen, Six Sigma). Show thorough understanding of the interactions between machine, materials, methods, environment, and people to provide robust operating systems.
* Develop/maintain material balances and unit operation capability information to ensure optimal production rates, parameters, and formulas.
* Provide key technical support in capital projects and new product and packaging material testing/start-ups.
* Conduct capacity studies, enhance system reliability, and identify/implement productivity improvements including new technologies. Develop/maintain strategic technical improvement plans for systems.
* Serve as a technical liaison for all levels of the company including production/maintenance employees, plant technical and management resources, corporate engineering and R&D organizations, and other plants.
* Develop/deliver technical training for various levels of the organization and serve as a divisional resource in cross-functional platform/technology/product teams.
* Additional duties as assigned.
* B.S. (or higher) in Engineering from ABET-accredited program, or in Packaging Science or related field.
* 5+ years of experience in packaging or process engineering, packaging development, quality engineering, or manufacturing.
* Recognized technical abilities and practical experience with strong capabilities in the following areas: Theory/functionality of manufacturing systems and unit operations; Continuous improvement techniques (Lean, TPM, Kaizen, Six Sigma); Food science/chemistry or packaging science; Statistics and analytical methods; Process measurement and control; Advanced computer skills; Mechanical aptitude; Troubleshooting; Ability to understand and apply general engineering principles
* Demonstrated skills in the following: Leadership; Influence management; Interpersonal skills; Problem solving; Teaching and training ability; Initiative
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make...