Job Summary and Essential Functions
The primary responsibility of the System Operator Trainer is to create and deliver power system operations training for NYISO operations staff and other operating entities within New York. Training is delivered in classroom, simulation, computer based and OJT formats. Instruction is provided in self study, one-on-one, small group and large group forums.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Schedule, research, design, prepare, deliver, evaluate and document NYISO training activities in compliance with the NERC Continuing Education program Develop and maintain training records for all program participants; submit, review and manage training records within the NERC System Operator Certification and Continuing Education Database (SOCCED).
- Construct and maintain, in conjunction with Operations staff, a job task analysis for each of the NYISO Power System Operator positions.
- Develop, administer and maintain entry level, progression and OJT training plans for NYISO power system operators.
- Solicit topics for instruction from various stakeholders.
- Provide technical and/or training support to various NYISO committees and departments; participate as Operations SME for Market Structures for market participant training.
- Participate in regional and national forums on power system operations training.
- Evaluate and recommend materials, instruction systems and formal courses that will enhance the effectiveness of NYISO Operations training.
- High School Diploma required; Associate's degree (AS, AAS in related technical field of study) from accredited college desirable.
- NERC Reliability Coordinator certification preferred.
- Accredited trainer documentation and/or educational certification (AMA, Langevin, Nuclear Navy or equivalent) preferred.
Position may be filled at various levels depending on candidate qualifications such as experience and technical skills.
- 5 years related technical training experience, such as training experience in an electrical utility organization, power systems training, US Navy nuclear training program or in a power plant training program.
- Documented qualifications for conducting System Operator training or an extensive knowledge of NYISO system operations.
- Platform training and instructional design experience on technical topics.
- Knowledge of federal and state electric utility requirements and policies concerning electric system operations.
- Knowledge of bulk transmission system operations and electricity markets.
The NYISO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices .
PowerJobsDirect.com - 24 months ago