Pall is a Fortune 1000 materials science and engineering company with the broadest filtration, separation and purification capabilities in the world. Our process and product enabling technologies help our customers make good products better, safer and even possible. We provide innovative products to customers in health care, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, and municipal drinking water, aerospace and industrial manufacturing markets. Headquartered in Long Island, NY, Pall has operations in every major country.
Title: Biopharm - System Sales Engineer
Location: Northern, CA
The primary function of this System Sales Engineer is to meet an annual sales target, via direct sales activity with customers within the Western U.S. (Colorado to CA) Region. Particular focus will be on those technologies supported by the Pall Advanced Separation Systems (PASS) team of engineers. These include tangential flow filtration, direct flow filtration and chromatography systems, as well as Chromatography Columns and miscellaneous single-use systems. In all sales projects, emphasis on generating recurring consumable sales is required.
- Establish relationships with end-users and clients’ management to ensure an understanding of Pall’s technologies and capabilities. Provide technical support to customers dealing with varying process purification technologies including process scale-up. Successfully position, demonstrate and present Pall’s system and consumable technologies within our customers’ process development and manufacturing groups. This is completed by one-on-one meetings, technology seminars and/or technology demonstrations with customers.
- Support the existing installed base of Systems and Columns, to ensure spare parts are available to customers and sufficient service levels are maintained.
- Act as a consultant to facilitate introduction of new products and technologies to simplify protein purification and scale-up. Work with the regional sales specialists to translate customers’ needs.
- Gather the details for all proposals by working in cooperation with the Client, Pall’s Technical Services Group and PASS engineering resources. Provide input to the engineering group so that the strongest proposal is developed for presentation to the customer (e.g. project delivery requirements and customer’s budget). Manage the proposal review and risk assessment process prior to submission to the customer.
- Support the execution of the order once received, manage opportunity and forecasts for management and perform other related duties as assigned.
The above describes the essential content of and requirements for proficient performance in the position and is not meant to be all-inclusive.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- 5-years exposure to the biopharmaceutical manufacturing marketplace or professional experience in a biopharmaceutical process development or manufacturing area.
- 5-years’ experience in sanitary equipment requirements, tangential flow filtration and/or chromatography processes.
- 5-years’ experience general biological and pharmaceutical manufacturing processes.
- 5-years’ experience of control systems
- Travel 40% to 50% mostly to Colorado, Northern and Southern California and Washington.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or protected veteran status or marital status. US Citizenship or Resident Alien status required to support government programs and projects.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Pall Corporation - 4 months ago
With operations around the globe, Pall is not small. The company operates two businesses globally: Life Sciences and Industrial. The Life...