CSC is looking for a Systems Security Engineer to support the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Information Assurance Roles Based Administration at Schriever AFB, near Colorado Springs, Colorado. Responsibilities include providing technical security engineering support for complex software/hardware/network systems. The System Security Engineer is also responsible for access control, information security governance and risk management, software development security, security architecture/design and physical (environmental) security; legal, regulations, investigations and compliance. Will apply system security engineering principles to provide realistic solutions designed to enhance MDA security posture. The candidate must be skilled and proficient in using IA/CND DISA direction and industry best practices for strategic planning and consultation. Experience with automated tools such as Retina and STIG|
- 's, Windows Active Directory and Windows application security. MUST BE CISSP CERTIFIED. Specific expertise includes Infrastructure Design, Systems Security and Documentation Development. Must possess or be able to obtain a DOD secret clearance prior to beginning work.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs moderately complex security systems modeling, simulation, and analysis to provide appropriate solution.
- Develops and oversees security software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation to ensure standard use of procedures.
- Provides inputs for documentation of new or existing security system procedures and/or programs to ensure information accessibility, as required.
- Designs, develops, troubleshoots and analyzes software programs to ensure compatibility with hardware systems.
- Customizes security system software based on research and customer needs as appropriate.
- Coordinates and facilitates communications with other departments and/or commercial vendors) to investigate and resolve security vulnerability matters of significance and to ensure proper functioning of security systems.
- Maintains communication with management and customers regarding status of security system procedures, processes and software development and problems.
- Acts as technical lead on large projects involving a particular security system initiative or counter measure.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Provides the customer base with first level support.
- Documents security equipment scaling plans and limitations.
- Develops detailed design using best of breed security equipment including firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and access control servers.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Seven or more years of experience in network security engineering or operating systems programming
- Experience working with security design and coding languages
- Experience working with security software design principles
- Experience working with computer hardware
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Good analytical and creative problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of software
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Good communication skills to interact with team members and support personnel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
AppLabs - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Apple has an "i" for revolutionary technology. Since its release, the company's iPhone has spurred a revolution in cell...