The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a Systems Service Technician position available in our potato processing facility in Caldwell, ID.
The Systems Service Technician provides electronic, electrical, and mechanical maintenance, operation, sanitation, troubleshooting, and repair of the defect sorting systems and assists with other electronic instrumentation throughout the facility.
The individual in this position will be required to fully understand the purpose and operation of the defect sorting systems along with having the ability to make decisions based on sound judgment when a situation dictates. It is imperative this individual conduct themself in a manner that ensures alertness and constant awareness of the safe operation of equipment and its surroundings. The individual in this position will accomplish these tasks by utilizing a team concept through working with team members and following direction and instructions from a supervisor, facilitator, or coordinator. Work relationships and communications are key ingredients to the success of the individual holding this position.
The area of work includes both inside the facility and outside, depending on work requirements. Weekend and overtime or shift change requirements in this position are common and may be required to meet operational goals.
- Provides skilled troubleshooting, repair, and support on the optical defect sorting systems and supporting equipment including, mechanical and plumbing, electrical, and electronic aspects
- Inspects components of the defect sorting systems and performs preventative maintenance procedures
- Ensures proper food safety sanitation and cleaning procedures of the defect sorting systems
- Provides troubleshooting and repair of analytical instruments and equipment in the QA lab
- Provides minimal IT/LAN user support for the production area and HMI or SCADA computers
- Documents, monitors, maintains, and assists with reporting of shift events, logging preventive maintenance data, and work planning utilizing information systems and productivity software
- Replaces and repairs belts, as well as other routine maintenance on equipment
- Installs fittings and repairs high pressure hoses, guns and any other sanitation equipment
- Ensures that additional accountabilities as may be required by management be handled in a manner necessary to meet operational and Divisional standards
- Two-year degree or certification in electronics or equivalent technical degree or certification from a trade school, college, or military training in basic electricity, industrial maintenance, maintenance troubleshooting, and PLC’s; combination of experience and education will be considered
- Must have computer skills and knowledge to successfully complete job duties
- Must have the ability to understand and apply basic math skills (add, subtraction, division, multiplication, fractions, ratios) to include algebra and geometry
- Must have good electrical, electronic, and mechanical skills and aptitude
- Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate in a manner to successfully complete job duties
How to Apply
All open positions
- Search Job ID #
1137 – Systems Service Technician (Food Group – Caldwell, ID)
Please prepare a resume outlining your interest and qualifications and submit via our online application process described above. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document. This process includes additional job relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website. If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact our Employment Center for assistance at email@example.com.
*The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*