WOOD Consulting Services, Inc. is a dynamic and growing small business offering challenging opportunities to well qualified candidates. Since 1997, WOOD has brought innovative solutions to federal and state government clients in support of mission-critical requirements as a prime contractor and as a subcontractor. Today, we are a leading provider of transformation services with special emphasis on interoperability challenges faced by clients such as the Department of Defense, the Federal Aviation Administration, the Department of the Treasury, the State of Maryland, and Howard County Government.
WOOD has a benefit package that ranks within the top 5% of local businesses. We invite you to visit our website at www.woodcons.com to learn more and to submit your resume. We look forward to speaking with you.
WOOD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards and documentation
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks
- Identify approaches that leverage resources and provide economies of scale
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
- Requires Top Secret/SCI clearance with full-scope polygraph
- A minimum of twenty (20) years if information technology (IT) experience in several of the commonly recognized IT disciplines including communications and/or network communications system support, systems administration, network administration, programming, application support, equipment support, customer support, and computer operations
- Minimum six (6) years experience in leadership positions such as managing programs/projects requiring comprehensive and innovative technical solutions, tracking, leading, and identifying industry trends, technologies, constraints and priorities regarding current and projected IT strategies
- Experience within the last nine (9) years of a minimum of three (3) of the following specializations:
- Linux or Windows Operating systems
- Programming Languages
- Database Management
- Storage Architecture and Management
- Web Technologies
- Software Test and Integration
- Systems Interfacing
- MCSE certification, or equivalent (or ability to obtain certification within 6 months after hired)
Wood Consulting - 8 months ago