Be part of something innovative and cutting edge.
Join our team of more than a hundred software engineers, designers, project managers and software specialists that are smart, creative and excited by what they do.
Some of our ground-breaking work includes:
• advanced computer-adaptive algorithms (only one that’s peer-approved in the country)
• mobile support for the user interfaces
• learning management systems with social media features
• user interfaces that are universally accessible to people with or without disabilities
• innovative, machine-scorable items
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm with a growing software engineering and product development team. We design and build things that are inspiring and make a real impact in the online testing industry. We are currently seeking Systems/Network Engineers to join our team in the Washington, DC office.
- Workstation support
- Maintenance of application servers and database servers
- Field support around networking and hardware configuration for schools and districts
- Maintenance of CSSC’s Test Laboratory
- Predominantly set up, configure and support a Windows server (occasionally utilize Linux servers) and Network Equipment on a TCP/IP network.
- Administer all systems, applications, security updates and carefully document network and server changes.
- Configure and troubleshoot Windows 2003 (IIS), Windows SQL Server.
- Design, configure and troubleshoot network devices.
- Troubleshoot network performance issues. Coordinate with manager and team on new tasks or existing issues.
- Support and resolve issues related to IIS, SQL, hardware, software and network.
- Support clients' requests for setting up hosting resources: Web sites, Databases, security and other internet resources (DNS, email, FTP).
- Perform a variety of tasks including documentation and improvement of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or a related field
- At least 5+ years of experience in the IT Industry.
- Experience managing network resources in a web hosting environment is desired.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft SQL server (2000 and above): Installation, administration, configuration, troubleshooting, backups and restoration.
- Solid knowledge of IT concepts, issues, practices, methodologies, and trends, particularly those relevant to Network design and administration: Network Operating Systems: Windows (2000 and above).
- Practical knowledge of Windows (2000 and above): Installing and troubleshooting.
- Solid knowledge of networks and protocols: TCP/IP, Monitoring (ports and application monitoring tools), Security (familiar with common techniques), Firewalls.
- Familiar with at least one security application.
- Solid knowledge of hardware: Servers (HP), PCs.
- Ability to understand and analyze complex issues and information relating to database management.
- The position requires excellent documentation and communication skills, a very proactive and detail-oriented person and a strong team-oriented attitude.
- A+ Certified or equivalent experience
- MDBA Certified or equivalent experience
- MCSA Certified or equivalent experience
American Institutes for Research - 20 months ago
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...