Profile of the University
The University of Florida is a comprehensive learning institution built on a land-grant foundation. We are The Gator Nation, a diverse community dedicated to excellence in education and research and shaping a better future for Florida, the nation and the world. Our mission is to enable our students to lead and influence the next generation and beyond for economic, cultural and societal benefit. The state’s oldest and most comprehensive university, UF is among the nation’s most academically diverse public universities. With an enrollment of 50,000 students annually, UF is home to 16 colleges and more than 150 research centers and institutes. UF has a 2,000-acre campus and more than 900 buildings, including a new data center housing the state’s most advanced supercomputer.
The University of Florida Information Technology, Windows Platform Services, has an opening for a Systems Administrator. This position will join a team responsible for the implementation, administration, monitoring, and maintenance of multiple business-critical UF enterprise services, such as Active Directory, Exchange, Lync, Office 365, SharePoint, IBM Endpoint Manager, Hyperion, and Cognos. This is an advanced technical-level role with responsibilities of medium to advanced complexity. An excellent candidate will be customer-focused and work effective independently, on a cross-functional team, or as a project lead, with multiple concurrent projects/tasks.
This position requires in-depth technical knowledge of Windows Server and client operations, Active Directory, and automation techniques. This position is located on east campus with the team and requires participation in on-call rotation.
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows Server and Client operating system concepts
- In-depth knowledge of Active Directory
- In-depth knowledge of System Center Products ( SCOM , DPM , SCCM , etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of Hyperion, Cognos, or OnBase
- In-depth knowledge of the PowerShell and system automation
- Knowledge of ADFS and Shibboleth
- Knowledge of SharePoint, SharePoint Online, or Office 365 tenant administration
- Knowledge of SQL Server or IIS administration
- Working knowledge of . NET or T- SQL
- Working knowledge of IT applications such as Word, Excel, Visio, and SharePoint
- Working knowledge of VMware and Hyper-V
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills
- Ability to interact with people in an effective and courteous manner
Health Assessment Required:
Special instructions to applicants:
University of Florida - 8 months ago