Systems Administrator II
Department: ITS Systems
Close Date: 2/11/2013
- Documents, installs, tests, and modifies computer products, such as databases, operating systems, utilities, hardware, etc., with minimal impact on existing activities.
- Assists programmers and users to assure appropriate utilization of resources in databases and applications; serves as a resource and provides leadership for other section staff members.
- Investigate, analyze and resolve technical problems with software and hardware utilizing all available resources; evaluates alternatives and implements the best solution.
- Evaluates emerging technology and related developments in software, hardware and other information technologies, including analyzing methods and timing for implementation.
- Assess and recommend new hardware and software; plan and coordinate installation for minimal impact on existing operations.
- Maintains software at supported levels by testing new releases and coordinating installation with intra-departmental staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Over four years of related job experience.
- Related job experience includes:
- Oracle Database Administration or equivalent.
- Installing, patching, maintaining and backing up Oracle Databases and Unix Operating Systems.
- Experience with Oracle e-Business Suite database administration a plus.
- Familiarity with shell scripting and SQL
- Administering Linux, AIX or Solaris.
- Leverage Oracle, IBM or equivalent virtualization technologies.
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required.
Job Location: General Office Building, Duluth, MN Competitive market-based salary with full benefits package. Qualified applicants must complete a job profile and apply at www.allete.com/careers .
- Posted internal and external.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance.
Minnesota Power/ALLETE - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
ALLETE provides light to the northern climes. Most of its business is classified within its regulated operations, which include electric,...