This position is for a Systems Administrator to work in a growing environment of Windows Server 2003, and 2008. This position will work with the existing Windows Team to manage, maintain, deploy, troubleshoot and support approximately 700 servers. This position will assist with implementing new system hardware and software, and provide input for developing local operating procedures and policies as needed or requested. This position will need to be adept at monitoring the ongoing operation of the servers and providing utilization reports to identify problems and corrective actions as needed.
The actual work location for this position is Radford, VA.
- High School Diploma/GED
- At least 4 years experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux,Solaris 10, shell scripting, networking concepts (VLANs, routing, firewalls, sub netting).
- Basic knowledge in server virtualization technologies (e.g. VMware), SAN/storage concepts (LUNs, HBAs), Logical volume management, NFS.
- At least 4 years experience in OS security best practices.
- At least 4 years experience in configuring/managing/updating large groups of servers. Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008, VMware Infrastructure vSphere5, Citrix XenApp 4.5/5.0/6.5 product suite.
- U.S. citizenship required
- English: Basic knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 4 years experience in managing Active Directory Users and Computers and Group Policies, IIS 6.0.
- Security clearance of Secret - Active
- English : Intermediate
To be an official applicant to IBM, you must submit a resume and online application. Resumes submitted remain active for six months.
To ALL recruitment agencies: IBM only accepts resumes from agencies on our Approved Agency List. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, IBM employees, or send to any IBM company location. IBM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
IBM - 16 months ago
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global Technology...