The Position: Senior Systems Engineer (Banking/Finance)
Our client, a local banking institution with locations throughout Sonoma County, CA is currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineer with demonstrated expertise with W2008R2AD, VMWare and EMC (storage).
This position is accountable for administering and maintaining the Bank’s 7x24x365 enterprise-wide systems, providing server and end-user support for LAN/WAN based applications, Storage Area Network (SAN), and virtual environments. Additional duties include analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve server and application installation and integration issues.
The ideal candidate will also be responsible for the managing and optimization of computer, software and network systems to ensure high levels of confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the supported business applications and perform daily administration of the Bank’s virtualized infrastructure.
As a basis for consideration, all interested applicants must possess the following qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Licenses and Certifications:
- Microsoft Operating System functions.
- Microsoft Visio Diagramming Tool.
- HEAT Call Tracking or Customer Support software.
- Microsoft Project
- Ability to work flexible hours and on-call shifts.
Education and Experience:
- Microsoft Certified Systems Analyst (MCSA) - Intermediate or Microsoft Certified Systems
- Engineer (MCSE) Advanced certificate.
- EMC Storage Administrator (EMCSA) certification or equivalent experience
- VMWare Certified Professional (VCP)
- Comp TIA Network+ certification. or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of the CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
- California driver’s license.
A combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field; and knowledge typically gained through a minimum of five years’ experience in Information Technology.
Storage Area Network and Virtualization Support
Network Infrastructure Support
- Administer the Bank’s virtual environment comprised of LANs, SANs , SAN Switches , replication technologies and virtual servers.
- Work with systems and database administrators to implement storage architectures that utilize industry best practices including Hierarchical Storage Management (HSM), de-duplication and thin provisioning.
- Architect, implement, monitor and test data backup procedures using array-based replication, snapshot and related technologies in support of the Bank’s, archiving, disaster recovery, and business continuity objectives.
- Participate in and support capacity planning efforts aligned with business unit and Bank goals.
Employment Status Criteria:
- Support the Bank's LAN user community and install application software at both the network and workstation level.
- Troubleshoot, resolve and document LAN and related network issues.
- Perform regular maintenance on servers, network components, and server based software.
- Maintain current file and directory structure and security.
- Perform network integration functions as required.
- Maintain network hardware including firewalls, routers and switches as assigned by the Network Manager
- Respond to trouble calls from the Bank's Help Desk.
- Maintain anti-Virus software updates, Microsoft security updates, and patches on servers.
- Maintain W2K3 AD users and permissions and Exchange Server user database.
- Support bank projects as assigned by the Network Manager.
- Maintain superior documentation of the LAN, SAN, and Server environments
- Promptly remediate, security vulnerabilities as reported by the Bank’s Information Security Officer (ISO)
- Monitor and support enterprise Backup/Restore technologies in a mission critical environment.
- Develop, test and document the Bank’s disaster recovery and business continuity procedures.
US Citizenship, Permanent Residence (Green card) status, or authorization to work in the US without sponsorship required.
Interested? If you have any questions please call Dale at 707.820.7900 or via linked-in at http://www.linkedin.com/in/dalepcorrea
Thank you for your interest!