Systems Administrator - Tier 2
Two Positions Available: Day or Night shift - available
Carpathia is a trusted cloud operator and leading provider of cloud services and managed hosting for government agencies and enterprises. We are committed to developing motivated and insightful thought-leaders and provide career opportunities and experiences service customers that demand high security, quality and performance.
As a member of Carpathia’s 24x7 system operations team you will be directly responsible for the successful implementation and support of our customers Linux/Unix and Microsoft platform solutions. Communication with customers, vendors and co-workers in a clear and professional manner is an absolute must.
Carpathia is a fast paced environment focused on the customer experience and your ability to multitask, assimilate data, make decisions and prioritize complex work while paying attention to the details will be critical to your success.
In addition to general Microsoft Office experience we require:
- Provide operational support in response to monitoring alerts and resolve incidents.
- Deliver customer-focused support through phone calls and ticket-based communications.
- Perform scheduled system maintenance activities including:
- Hardware and software upgrades
- Software and application patching
- Complete data backup and restore tasks on tape and disk based backup platforms.
- Work closely with others to troubleshoot complex customer issues and document solutions.
- Manage your assigned tickets to ensure SLA compliance and customer satisfaction.
- An understanding of Windows and Linux/Unix Server operating systems:
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012
- Red Hat Linux / CentOS Linux
- Understanding of various services such as DNS, SMTP, SNMP, SSL and SSH.
- Prior data center or computer room experience preferred.
- Candidates must be willing to jump in and learn new tools and technologies in support of a very diverse set of customers.
Experience with any of the following technologies is a plus:
- At times the candidate may be required to lift objects up to 75 pounds, though this is not a primary job requirement.
- Databases – MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Virtualization Platforms – VMware, Citrix XEN, Microsoft Hyper-V
- Web Server – IIS, Apache
- SNMP Monitoring
To apply for this position, please contact email@example.com .
- 2-5 yrs Systems Administration experience
- Related technology certification preferred (MCSA/RHCT/SCSA/LPIC)
- Server+, Network+, or Security+ certification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to execute flawlessly in stressful situations
- Credit checks are conducted for this role
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
To learn more about Carpathia please visit our website at www.carpathia.com .
Carpathia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Carpathia Corporation is the parent company for two complementary businesses: AC Lordi Consulting and Peopleflex Accounting Professionals....