- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution, or comparable education and experience typically obtained by 5 or more years related work experience.
- Be a self-starter who is accountable and requires minimal direction and supervision; a person who is open to new ideas; and a creative and flexible individual who is comfortable working ia a large, dynamic, and complex organization.
- Possess the personal characteristics of professionalism, credibility, commitment to high standards, innovation, discriminating judgment and accountability.
- Possess DoD 8570 approved security certification (CISSP., Security +, or GSEC), and an approved operating system certification (MCP, MCSA, MCTS, or MCITP).
Candidate should have demonstrated experience with the following:
MS Windows server 2003/2008
VMware ESXi 4.x.
DISA STIG and Retina Scans
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced electronic engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multi-disciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
Primary Duties, Responsibilities, & Essential Job Functions:
- The candidate will support SPAWAR Systems Center Atlantic and other stakeholders as a Secure Windows Systems Administrator for data consolidation efforts as follows:
Provide administration support of Microsoft Windows servers running in both virtualized environments as well as physical platforms.
Apply high skill with commands, utilities and understands all aspects in the administration of Windows systems.
Work with a team of system administrators to provide support for Windows 2003/2008, and Active
Directory, current and future releases.
Install PKI and server certificates during migration.
Provide administration support to optimize the Windows shared service environment for maximum uptime,system configuration, and accounting of system data during migration.
Support information assurance certification and accreditation (C&A) process of new and existing systems.
Apply required remediation actions on Windows systems.
Perform regression testing to ensure Windows system hardening has not impacted system operations.
Assist with system recovery and restore backup tapes as necessary during migrations.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Scientific Research Corporation - 2 years ago
Scientific Research Corporation (SRC) doesn't limit its services to the laboratory. The government contractor provides a wide variety...