Systems Administrator 4 – UNIX
A leader in aviation and aviation training products is looking for the best to journey with us into the future of navigation!
For more than 75 years, Jeppesen, a Boeing subsidiary, has made it possible for pilots and their passengers to safely and efficiently reach their destinations.
We are the world’s leading provider of aeronautical data, and are combining our company’s enduring spirit of innovation with a legacy of leadership in aviation to deliver 21 st century navigation and optimization solutions. We have now expanded into the Marine and Rail industries, and are rapidly growing on a global scale!
At Jeppesen, we believe in a balance between personal growth and professional development. We hire the best to grow our company’s future. Visit our website to learn more about Jeppesen’s pioneering spirit, and to apply for our open positions.
As a member of our IT Systems Administration team you will implement new services, servers and maintain our infrastructure. You will support and manage all systems designed by the Architecture group to ensure that technology is always an aid, not an obstacle. You will also be an escalation point for our Service Desk and System Engineering team. You will document and inform team members of the solutions you implement and support, and the position will have scheduled on-call support
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following :
This is an IT Systems Administrator position that involves server builds, application support, monitoring, and supporting cloud services. You will work as part of a global IT team carrying out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies. You will also work as part of the joint UNIX/Network/Tools team to assist with resolution of various issues and leverage an opportunity to grow in various disciplines. This position will operate as a member of a team that supports Unix/Linux Systems Infrastructure, Network Infrastructure, various application tools, and VMware virtual solutions. As a member of our systems administrator team, you will implement and maintain our infrastructure. You will support and manage all systems designed by the Architecture group to ensure that technology is always an aid, not an obstacle.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Nine (9) or more years of related experience implementing, operating and maintaining Basic familiarity with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x; HP-UX; Solaris10; VMware 5.1
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience in administration of RedHat Enterprise Linux RHEL5.x and 6.x; HP-UX; Solaris10; VMware 5.1
- Sun ONE LDAP Directory Server for configuration and administration, Account Creation and Password Resets.
- EMC Tiered storage configurations, Cisco SAN switch configurations, including centera, cellera configurations in tiered configurations of ISCSI, Fiber attached, and NAS.
- Patch management architecture for Solaris 10, HP-UX, and Linux OE’s systems
- Knowledge of VMware concepts including Distributed Switches, vMotion and Storage vMotion, Guest Performance, Capacity Planning, and Alerting.
- Installation and configuration of Enterprise HW (Sun, HP, IBM) , Qlogic DNS/DHCP expertise, Expert knowledge of Symantect/Veritas HA software configurations in a UNIX environment.
- Data backup architecture experience including Symantec/Veritas Netbackup.
- Understand and configure Industry current server Blade technologies, hardware configuration and troubleshooting, including SCSI and RAID Levels.
- Security measures, understand Network LAN/WAN Configurations, concepts and techniques as needed to secure the network perimeter and UNIX servers.
- Experience with Cloud concepts and Services leveraging AWS or other vendor.
- Disaster Recovery architecture and expertise.
- Optional Software Development background is helpful with SCM knowledge.
Jeppesen offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options, including 401(k) with company match.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification.
Jeppesen is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Jeppesen - 11 months ago
This company helps map the way for pilots, mariners, and railway engineers. Jeppesen Sanderson is a leading publisher of navigation charts,...