Systems Administrator-Sharepoint (Job Number: 130297)
Location - United States-TX-Austin
Organization - Technology
Job - Systems Administration
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world’s major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
The Collaborative Technologies team is responsible for overseeing the development and management of Visa Inc.’s collaboration platforms and the global intranet. The team is made up of engineers, developers, DBAs, and solution analysts who support the SharePoint and intranet platforms. The SharePoint Administrator / Webmaster is the customer facing technical resource through which employees interface with the support team for these platforms. The right individual will support employees and business partners with their collaboration and publishing efforts while enforcing the governance policies in place. They will also have strong technical knowledge of SharePoint administration and Windows based shared hosting platforms. This role requires excellent communication skills and a customer service oriented attitude as well as the ability to work closely with a global team. Successful candidates should also have strong initiative, solid judgment capabilities, and a desire to grow their technical knowledge around SharePoint and web publishing.
- Serve as the first level customer facing resource for Visa’s intranet and SharePoint collaboration platforms.
- Communicate effectively with employees, consultants, and business partners.
- Assign sharepoint service request tickets to offshore team for site creation.
- Troubleshoot (or escalate) end user issues with SharePoint and the intranet and resolve incident tickets.
- Perform SharePoint administration and maintenance (validating backup jobs, deleting sites, increasing site quotas, etc).
- Monitor for, and respond to, support emails for SharePoint and the intranet platform.
- Provide publishing support for intranet content and assist with application integration.
- Assist employees and the internal development community with development and publishing requirements via email, phone, or in person.
- Advise employees and developers of governance and policies around SharePoint and the intranet platform.
- Collaborate closely with the SharePoint and intranet technical team, as well as business partners on successful integration of sites and applications.
- Able to work effectively as part of a highly collaborative team while independently prioritizing individual daily activities.
- 4+ years of experience as a SharePoint administrator or power user.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to multi task and make decisions independently.
- Motivated personality who is able to proactively identify additional ways to add value to a technical team.
- Working knowledge of: HTML, CSS, Windows Server, SharePoint collaboration and web publishing functionality.
- Additional experience in the following is a plus: .NET development, ColdFusion server administration, web content management, SQL Server administration, Active Directory, Powershell, Repliweb, AvePoint, Metalogix, web design, LiveLink, Nintex workflows, SEO, SharePoint designer.
- Experience working with offshore teams a plus.
- Bachelor´s degree or working equivalent experience is required.
Visa - 2 years ago
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than...