Security Clearance Status:
Security Clearance Type:
US Citizenship Required:
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed for this position and are not intended to be a complete list of associated duties and responsibilities,
BAE Systems has the need for an experienced leader to oversee and guide multiple IPTs supporting the D-5 TRIDENT Strategic Weapon System for the Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) Office. The primary focus of this Systems Engineering position will be on the Shipboard Systems Integration (SSI) program. The successful candidate will be able to lead and monitor multiple concurrent IPTs, look for cross IPT implications, assess program status, advise BAE and SSP senior staff of risks and concerns, and will help build future IPT leaders within the organization through mentoring and coaching. Multi-tasking and organization are key skills for this engineer.
The position is based in Rockville, MD and involves frequent visits to the customer site at the Washington Navy Yard and some travel (10%, mostly CONUS, possible OCONUS) to SWS/AWS contractor locations, shipyards and test facilities.
Limited relocation assistance may be available for this position.
The successful candidate will be adept at understanding system-level engineering schedule interactions and change impacts. He or she will have the ability to determine how equipment, systems, and systems of systems should work as well as the system level implications of changes in subsystem design, operations or the environment, and will have the ability to identify and recommend solutions to technical engineering issues that are critical to the planning and implementation of complex engineering programs and projects.
This role will involve participation in enterprise-wide working groups, technical exchange meetings, and design reviews, and offers a unique opportunity to work across the breadth of the Strategic Weapon System (SWS) and Attack Weapon System (AWS), performing a systems engineering function, directly advising SSP staff and influencing and shaping the BAE Systems support and responses to our SSP customer.
As a visible representative of BAE Systems, the successful candidate will be an engineering leader with excellent interpersonal skills and a keen engineering insight and must already have or be able to establish a strong presence and rapport within the SSP community. This engineer will report directly to the Chief Engineer and work with the Strategic Planner and the Program Lines to ensure success of both BAE Systems and SSP in the SSI program.
Although not required, candidates who possess an active Top Secret clearance, and who have current and relevant D-5 TRIDENT SWS and/or Submarine Technical / Operational Knowledge (within the last 3 years), at least 3 years of experience in an engineering function with one area of the SWS, to include Fire Control, Guidance, Launcher, Navigation, and Missile Support Systems and in-depth knowledge of Fire Control along with multiple other areas of the Strategic Weapons System, including the Attack Weapon System, will be given highest priority. Requirements: Please be sure to address all stated requirements of posted requisition in resume. Only resumes that specifically include all requirements will be considered.
Must have the following education/skills/experience:
- A Bachelor's degree (in engineering or technical discipline, preferred) or equivalent and at least 8 years of related and recent work experience
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering (SE) principles throughout all phases of a complex systems life cycle
- Experience with Navy weapons systems, Strategic Systems Programs, or NAVSEA
- Experience preparing for and leading design reviews or large meetings
- Experience as an Integrated Product Team (IPT) lead or other multidisciplinary team lead
- Exceptional communications skills (verbal and written)
Highly desired education/skills/experience:
BAE Systems is a premier global defense, aerospace and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
- Master's degree in engineering and 15-20+ years of directly related work experience
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance
- Current D-5 TRIDENT SWS and/or Submarine Technical / Operational Knowledge (within the last 3 years)
- At least 3 years of experience in an engineering function with one area of the SWS, to include Fire Control, Guidance, Launcher, Navigation, and Missile Support Systems
- In-depth knowledge of Fire Control along with multiple other areas of the Strategic Weapons System, including the Attack Weapon System
- Experience and understanding of SWS - Ship interfaces and subsystems interfaces
- Understanding of SSP structure and fleet relationships
The Support Solutions (S2) sector provides a wide range of products and services, including engineering, systems integration, ship repair, and readiness & sustainment for military and commercial customers throughout the product life cycle, anywhere around the world. This sector is headquartered in Washington, D.C. Core capabilities include:
• Expertise as a leading provider of non-nuclear ship repair and overhaul services
• Sustainment services to extend the viability of existing land and maritime platforms at home and in theater, while modernizing to meet evolving threats
• Experienced partner providing seamless, onsite management of military and government customer operations
• High-volume producer of protective and load-carrying gear for military personnel
People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
BAE Systems - 12 months ago
BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and...