The American health care industry is undergoing tremendous change. High deductible health plans have been on the rise for years, causing patients to take on more responsibility for an ever-increasing portion of their medical bills. The Affordable Care Act is expected to drive more than 30 million newly insured patients to these types of plans, which will only intensify the situation.
With higher out-of-pocket healthcare expenses come a larger number of people who have trouble paying their medical bills. Unpaid medical bills can lead to financial crisis for patients, and can keep them from getting the care they need, when they need it. For healthcare providers, unpaid medical bills can lead to increased write-offs and a weaker financial footing, threatening their ability to provide quality care to their community.
Headquartered in Lake Oswego, Oregon, just outside Portland, CarePayment offers healthcare finance solutions that improve financial performance for healthcare providers, increase patient satisfaction and loyalty, and are fully compliant with applicable state and federal consumer credit laws. CarePayment partners with healthcare providers to offer co-branded patient-friendly financing programs with the retail-like engagement, service, and technology experience consumers expect.
Founded in 2004, CarePayment is an industry leader now serving more than 139 facilities and clinics and 1.25 million patients with $780 million in life-to-date balances. CarePayment is backed by Aequitas Capital Management, which builds income-producing alternative investment solutions for institutional and high net worth clients. With this foundation, CarePayment has the financial strength to expand its best-in-class solutions to an even wider market. Our mission is to help people access and pay for healthcare and help providers maintain a strong presence in their community.
The Systems Analyst is responsible for the continued improvement of the operating and performance of the CarePayment product. Regular activities include internal data analysis, analysis of client hospital billing systems, integration of these systems into the CarePayment product. Troubleshooting and providing departmental support. The Systems Analyst is also responsible for the continued analysis and improvement of new and existing data processes. Facilitating and leading CarePayment initiatives is also required.
• Collaborate with implementation team to assist with the rollout of new projects
• Work with outside vendors to implement data flow to and from clients
• Work with clients to implement system specific processes
• Participate in the review and analysis of business requirements
• Implement automation as a standard business function
• Monitor and troubleshoot system and application performance
• Diagnose and repair inefficient systems and applications
• Provide recommendations for further process improvements
• Create new reports and edit existing reports, as necessary
• Provide end-user support of systems and applications, including issue resolution
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required by the company
Job Requirements and Qualifications
• BA/BS in Information Technology or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
• Understanding of hospital billing systems and accounting workflow
• Proficient in data mining and analysis
• Proficient with report writing tools (SQL, Report Builder, FRX, etc.)
• Familiarity with EDI protocols and conversion software (ASCII x12, HL7, etc.)
• Understanding of FTP and encryption protocols
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Proven success working with customers and vendors
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Solid business and data process orientation skills
• Strong problem-solving/troubleshooting skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Highly organized with the ability to efficiently and accurately multi-task
• Ability to effectively collaborate with co-workers, including participation in cross-functional teams
• Ability to maintain composure and professionalism in difficult/demanding situations
• Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
• Proven ability to work effectively with, present to, and influence executive level management
• Flexibility to perform in an ever-changing work environment
• Knowledge of hospital specific billing systems is a plus
• Additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals and projects
• Ability to sit for long periods of time
• Occasional travel as required
CarePayment is owned by Aequitas Capital Management, a leading alternative asset management company. Aequitas offers a competitive base salary and benefits package, including company-paid medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, as well as a 401(k) plan with an employer match.
Established in 1993, Aequitas Capital Management is an alternative investment firm providing private equity and commercial finance products...