Expeditors is a Fortune 500 company employing 13,000+ trained professionals in a worldwide network of 250+ locations with our corporate headquarters in downtown Seattle. Expeditors facilitates the sophisticated requirements of international trade through customized solutions and seamless, integrated information systems developed in-house by our growing department of IS professionals.
We encourage our employees to learn, to take risks, and to advance their career. Our company slogan, "You'd be surprised how far we'll go for you" is not mere hype; it is our commitment to surpass our customers’ expectations. At the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer-based approach to logistics.
Position Title: Systems Analyst – EDI
Scope of Position:
Systems Analysts in the EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) Group are responsible for mapping data flows between Expeditors and our clients. This consists of analyzing client specifications describing how they will present data or how they want data presented, understanding how that information will be used in the context of our business and proprietary systems, and distilling it into a mapping document used to create the code that transforms the data. Increasingly, in order for Expeditors to move or clear freight for our clients, we are required to move the data that describes the freight. This places a Systems Analyst in the EDI Group at the very heart of our ability to gain new business and to form lasting bonds with our clients by integrating with their supply chain to provide visibility to inventory in transit.
This is a very fast-paced, exciting position with high visibility. Successful Systems Analysts love to be in the thick of things, have solid analysis skills, great communications skills (both written and verbal), work well in a collaborative design environment, and are able to keep multiple projects under control.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define and analyze customer requirements
- Produce EDI mapping documents
- Produce and validate test data
- Establish data-communication links with trading partners
- Produce operational documentation for end users
- Review and evaluate incoming work requests
- Audit mapping documents for quality
- Lead and coordinate development on complex multi-translation suites
- Excellent analytical skills required
- Strong communication skills required
- Ability to perform well under deadline constraints required
- Ability to manage multiple priorities required
- Ability to design creative solutions to meet the client's business and technical needs required
- Ability to handle ambiguity and complex requirements required
- Excellent attention to detail required
- Strong initiative to learn new skills required
- Leadership skills required
- Ability to work both independently and on teams required
- Understanding of database structures and data relationships required
- Experience in transportation/logistics industry preferred
- EDI knowledge (X12, EDIFACT, XML, mapping) preferred
- BA/BS in Business Administration, MIS, or related degree preferred
Reports to Systems Analyst Supervisor
Expeditors is a global logistics company headquartered in Seattle, Washington. As a Fortune 500 company, we employ over 14,000 trained...