1st Solution USA has partnered with one of the largest privately owned, not-for-profit academic health care systems in the United States who has engaged us to help recruit candidates for their Systems Analyst - Patient Access position. In this role you will assist with systems analysis, design, development, and implementation services for Patient Financial Services (PFS) applications within administrative systems with the major focus on projects, operational readiness and operations work.
- Conduct analysis and research on informational needs of the assigned department or area.
- Identify management requirements and operating problems and defines alternatives and the recommended solution in terms of management information needs.
- Works as part of the Information Technology team to resolve application problems and support operations of assigned software in a 24X7 on call rotation.
- Use current system and computer technology, and designs, installs and insures continuing operation of systems in all functional areas of the organization.
- Use technical skills to help adopt best practices for the businesses, to assist with development of efficient work flow processes (BPR), and to enable these processes with information technology.
- Documents business requirements and current and future state process flows following recommended guidelines.
- Translate future state business processes into test scripts and documents policies and procedures.
- Perform software configuration as necessary.
- Research best business/clinical process and draws from it to create better practices for the PFS area.
- Act as an internal consultant to management in disciplines and processes such as scheduling, patient access, master patient index, revenue cycle, billing, claims processing, and reporting.
- Experience with software development lifecycle.
- Emphasis for this position will be with Patient Access (scheduling and registration and post-registration follow-up) and experience with this is required. Working knowledge registration through discharge and post registration workflows is a necessity.
- Experience with vendor management in an ASP environment
- Experience with software support from an IT perspective
- Prior experience supporting healthcare information system software is a plus.
- An understanding of patient billing processes a plus.
- Prior experience developing reports and/or extracts using SQL tools is a plus.
- Prior knowledge of Soarian Financials and Soarian Scheduling is a plus.
medITjobs.com - 12 months ago