Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced electronic engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multi-disciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
Purpose of the Job:
- Build and configure Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and CentOS based physical and virtual servers
- Integrate a variety of COTS, open source, and GOTS applications
- Perform infrastructure troubleshooting, resolve issues and document solutions.
- Perform patching, security updates, and make configuration changes to keep the infrastructure secure and reliable.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Install new and rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Develop and maintain installation, configuration and security procedures
- Research and recommend innovative and, where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Apply and test RHEL, CentOS, and third-party application patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Have developed communication skills and the ability to express thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely, employing technical writing techniques.
- Must be a team player, dedicated to program support, capable of multitasking and working several complex and diverse tasks with simultaneous or near simultaneous deadlines.
- Be a self-starter who is accountable and requires minimal direction and supervision; a person who is open to new ideas
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
- Current TS/SCI clearance
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Must currently be DoD 8570-compliant with the equivalent of an IAT II certification or have the ability to do so within three (3) months of employment
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or Linux+ certification is a plus
- A minimum of two years of Linux experience (RHEL 5/6 & CentOS 5/6)
- Experience deploying and administering Linux virtualization systems using Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM)
- MySQL administration and trouble-shooting experience
- Ability to automate tasks using scripting languages (Shell, PERL, Python etc.)
- Knowledge of Linux services, such as Cron, DNS, iptables, Samba, SSH, Syslog, etc.
- Experience with the following technologies is a plus:
- Writing Puppet modules and setting manifests
- Nagios and/or Hyperic for system monitoring and health & status
- NiFi for data transport
- YUM update architectures and best practices
- SECSCN and SCAP vulnerability scanning tools
CareerBuilder - 12 months ago