This position is responsible for application software implementation and technical support of engineering and design solutions used by E&CS (Engineering & Construction Services) and SNC (Southern Nuclear Company) in support of generating plants across the Southern Company. The primary responsibilities include the development, consulting, installation, configuration and triage of computer aided design (CAD), computer aided engineering (CAE) and configuration/change management solutions. The resource will be part of a support team that is focused on plant design and engineering, and usage of this data and information while constructing new plants and systems, and operations and maintenance of these facilities.
- Support requirements gathering efforts and development of functional / technical specifications.
- Ensure solutions are architected, maintained and operated to attain high availability and business effectiveness.
- Application architectural support through partnerships with other elements of Information Technology: Server Support, DBA’s, Citrix Support, Windows and UNIX Server Support.
- Design, develop and maintain interfaces between solutions across E&CS, Generation and the enterprise.
- Applicationsolution life cycle management.
- Software change management.
- Coordination of vendor maintenance and support.
- Build strong relationships with the business across OPCO’s and SCS to enable effective engineering and design solution implementations and on-going support.
- Implementing, integrating and supporting engineering and design solutions.
- 2-years of experience supporting of CAD (Computer Aided Design) and CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) and other engineering design solutions preferred.
- Support of CAD, CAE and other engineering design solutions offered by Autodesk & Bentley Systems.
- Support for solutions utilizing relational databases – Scripting, Querying, and Structure (Microsoft SQL and ORACLE).
- Support for solutions utilizing the Windows and UNIX operating systems.
- Scripting and programming languages (SQL, ASP.NET, C#, C/C++, AutoLISP, MDL, VB, etc.) preferred.
- Familiarity with the API (Automated Programming Interface) for Autodesk, Bentley and other solutions.
- Fossilhydro andor nuclear generating plant experience is a plus.
Skills & Abilities
- Technical Support – Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Customer Service – Able to manage customer expectations and meet project deadlines.
- Communication – Excellent English oral and written communication skills at multiple levels (clients, peers and leadership).
- Organization and Time Management – Must be able to manage time and priorities so as to effectively respond to the support needs of multiple users.
- Consulting – Capable of identifying and implementing process technical and business orientated improvements.
- Teamwork – Capable of partnering with other team members, within the engineering and design support team, other areas of IT and the business units we support, to grow and maintain productive relationships with a focus on cooperation & teamwork.
- Bachelor of Science or Arts in Computer Science, Engineering or related degree preferred.
- Positive Can-Do Attitude – Must be willing to take full responsibility for duties and work effectively under the pressure of deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Self-Starter – Able to work in a professional environment with limited direct supervision.
- Results-Oriented – Acts with speed and decisiveness; takes initiative does what it takes to meet commitments.
- Commitment to continuous learning and improvement – Stays abreast of new technologies and techniques in the market; Looks for opportunities improve through strategy and innovation.