As one of the largest and oldest material handling equipment companies in the Southwest, Naumann/Hobbs Material Handling, Inc. sells, rents, services and supplies parts on an extensive line of material handling products.
Currently we are searching for a motivated System Analyst to join our IT Department. Positive attitude is a must!
Summary: Investigates and resolves software and hardware problems of computer users by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming help desk tickets, telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
- Interviews user to collect information about problem and leads user through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error.
- Determines whether problem is caused by hardware such as modem, printer, cables, or telephone.
- Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine user problems, referring more complex problems to supervisor or technical staff.
- Prepares standard statistical reports, such as help desk incident reports.
- Analyzes and evaluates incident reports and makes recommendations to reduce help desk incident rate.
- Calls software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
- Calls telecom and data vendors to report on and resolve any outages or data transmission and voice quality issues.
- Tests software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether product will aid user in performing work.
- Updates and maintains documentation on infrastructure such as IP addresses and network configuration, printer configurations/locations, and all fixed assets.
- Updates and maintains software on all assets and tracks licensing to ensure compliance. Including field technician laptops.
- Maintains desktop image and ensures all company assets are protected from viruses
- Maintains desktop policies using Microsoft Group Policy
- Writes or revises user training manuals and procedures; performs technical training when needed.
- Installs company owned personal computers, software, and peripheral equipment.
- Images and tests all PC’s and laptops, including field technician laptops.
- Maintains and updates images as software and hardware requirements change.
- Perform user setup, changes and deletions in all required systems including Microsoft AD, Exchange, MITEL phone system, application software.
- Adheres to all company policies and communicate all IT policies to end users when needed.
- Maintains professional demeanor at all times
Naumann/Hobbs Material Handling Corporation
- 2 years ago - save job