KLA-Tencor Corporation, a leading provider of process control and yield management solutions, partners with customers around the world to develop state-of-the-art inspection and metrology technologies. These technologies serve the semiconductor, data storage, LED, and other related nanoelectronics industries. With a portfolio of industry-standard products and a team of world-class engineers and scientists, the company has created superior solutions for its customers for more than 35 years. Headquartered in Milpitas, Calif., KLA-Tencor has dedicated customer operations and service centers around the world. Additional information may be found at www.kla-tencor.com .
The Wafer Inspection Division (WIN) of KLA-Tencor designs and manufactures systems that are used for capturing yield-impacting defects at the front-end-of-line (FEOL) and the back-end-of-line (BEOL). A successful candidate will be joining a world leader in wafer inspection products and technologies designing and manufacturing the next generation of products.
The Wafer Inspection Division (WIN) is seeking a Systems Design Engineer in our Milpitas, California campus.
The selected engineer will work on the next generation product covering all aspects of product development. This includes system and subsystem requirements, concepts, designs, development and integration planning, prototype testing, release process, and support in the manufacturing and the field. The engineer must possess strong sense of purpose and be self-driven to continually improve self, others, and processes. Future improvements include cost cutting, operational efficiency, creating new technologies and ideas, and new structures and ways of doing business. Work requires interaction with many disciplines as the system engineer plays the central role in the product development throughout different phases. Strong communication skills both oral and written are required for this job. Some travel might be required. We are looking for future leaders, so we are looking for candidates who are looking for growth and can demonstrate leadership attributes.
Additional details regarding key responsibilities:
- Work on product concepts and understand what the market requirements are and what solutions can be offered to meet market demand. This leads into roles in architectural designs, building models, and system and subsystem budgets to meet the required performance.
- Participate and drive subsystems and system planning. This includes scoping, budgeting, and scheduling.
- Lead and participate in subsystem and system integration and testing. This leads to product acceptance testing and devising iterative system and subsystem improvements and redesigns if needed. This also includes communicating the status of the integration and testing on a daily or weekly basis.
- Driving product introduction. This includes training operations and field personnel, creating and driving procedures and checklists, and solving technical and non-technical problems that can impede product introduction.
- Being and agent of change – Semiconductor industry is a fast-paced industry with constant change and ever increasing speed of new product introductions. Successful candidate is expected to adopt and drive new ideas and new ways of doing things. Successful candidate must have clear sense of urgency and adaptability to fast moving and highly competitive industry.
- PhD degree in Physics, Optics, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related field.
- Experience in the area of optoelectronics, sensor technology, microscopy, optics design are highly desirable.
- Experience in driving and completing projects that include system concept, integration and testing.
- Experiences in lithography and semiconductor manufacturing.
- Doctorate (Academic) with at least 2 years of experience. OR Master's Level Degree with at least 4 years of experience. OR Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 5 years of experience.
KLA-Tencor is an equal opportunity employer
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
KLA-Tencor is hard-core when it comes to hunting down chip flaws. One of the world's largest makers of process control equipment for...