As a Systems Developer on the Marketing Technologies team, you will be part of a team responsible for the application design, development, testing and deployment of mission critical applications for Capella University.
- Adhere to and promote Agile development methods, including Test Driven Development and setup of automated build environments
- Work within a fast paced Agile development environment
- Provide level 3 support of development after implementation of enterprise applications.
- Perform analysis assistance, development (coding), and implementation of custom software to enhance value to the business per designed specifications.
- Work with team members on application design
- Collaborate with project team members and other information technology colleagues to create systems from defined customer requirements.
- Participate in and develop new software releases, work with QA in creating test plans, and assists in creating implementation plans.
- Troubleshoot and recommend solutions to existing production issues.
- Participates in the ongoing development of technical best practices.
A Systems Developer must have skill in converting specifications and procedures into useable application and software solutions. This person will also have experience developing in all tiers of an application and must possess knowledge of object-oriented programming techniques and patterns and how to apply them in a variety of application environments.
The Systems Developer will write and communicate a variety of functional and technical specifications. The ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing, document code, assist in creating technical specifications from business requirements, and participating in ongoing development of technical best practices will be important in this position.
Strong affinity and aptitude to learn, understand, and institute new marketing specific technologies in a rapidly changing technological environment also desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four plus (4+) years experience in web application design, development, and implementation.
- Four plus (4+) years experience with the following required: ASP.NET, C#, SOA, RESTful Web Service development using WCF, Visual Studio, SQL Server, Stored Procedures, Database Design, MS Build, automated build tools such as CruiseControl.NET or NAnt
- Experience with the following is preferred: MVC 3.0, Test Driven Development, NUnit, Entity Framework, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Enterprise Library, LINQ, .NET Framework 4.0, AJAX, JQuery
225 S. 6
Minneapolis, MN 55402
How To Apply
Click the apply now button and apply to this job opening. You will be prompted to either login using an existing user ID and password or register for a new account.
About Capella University
Capella University is an online university built on graduate degrees, with more than 34,900 students throughout the U.S. and in other countries. Founded in 1993 to provide advanced educational opportunities for working professionals, Capella has become a national leader in online education, offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs. The university's success is built upon a culture that promotes human potential, achievement, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and teamwork. Capella Education Company (CPLA), parent company of Capella University, is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. Capella Education Company was named to the Inc. 500 Hall of Fame for being listed as one of the nation's fastest-growing companies for 7 consecutive years. Capella University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, located at 230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413, (312) 263-0456,
Equal Employment Opportunity
Capella is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden our academic experience and to reflect the diversity within our learner community. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the university and our corporate offices. Our goal is to create academic and business communities that are rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Capella is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Capella University - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Where Academic Excellence is Online
As a regionally accredited institution offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs in...