The system engineer participates in a multidisciplinary team supporting IMS Government Solutions products in every stage of the system development life cycle. During requirements phase, the system engineer interacts with customers and/or internal business unit to provide system hardware/software design alternatives along with case analysis for selecting cost -effective solutions within the required parameters for performance, reliability, and redundancy. In the development phase the system engineer installs, configures, and supports all system components such as network hardware and software (including but not limited to routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, load balancers), development and testing hardware and software systems (including but not limited to operating systems, databases, development and testing tools). The system engineer interacts with the development teams on specific technical issues that require familiarity with some programming languages and techniques. During deployment phase, the system engineer configures and deploys all system components according to industry best practices for system performance, reliability, redundancy, and security following repeatable processes. Some systems require formal security accreditation processes. During production phase, the systems engineer support operation environments with high availability for transactional or processing systems.
Skills and Experience
- Network installation, configuration and monitoring.
- System hardware and software design, architecture, installation, and configuration.
- System operations throughout system development life cycle in development, testing, and production environments.
- System security configuration and operation for security certification.
- System performance analysis and optimization.
- Quality standards design and implementation.
- System Troubleshooting.
- Tier II or III support
- Research state of the art in network and system hardware and software.
- Tasks automation (code deployment, maintenance, diagnostic, reports).
- Related documentation.
- Minimum 5 years hardware and software setup and operations for servers and workstations.
- Minimum 2 years network setup and administration.
- Network Infrastructure: Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Wireless, Authentication, VPN
- Systems Infrastructure: VMWare ESX, FC switch, SAN, Windows AD, Server OS
- Minimum 3 years Microsoft technologies (including but not limited to Microsoft Server, Microsoft SQL Server, .NET Platform, SharePoint, Web server).
- Phone System: Cisco VOIP CUCM, Cisco QOS, Cisco Voice Gateway, Cisco IP
- Communication skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience can be substituted with compatible training and/or education.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have had a NAC background check within the past 10 years or be able to pass a NAC background check.
IMS Health is a leading global information and technology services company providing clients in the healthcare industry with comprehensive...