Ecologic Analytics, A Landis+Gyr Company, is a leading meter data management system (MDMS) solutions provider for electric, natural gas, and water utilities. We are growing rapidly and searching for highly motivated people to join our team. Our skills reside in our people, and we credit our success to the innovation and dedication of our employees. We value high performance, hard work, honesty, and teamwork. We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of ethics, trust and quality.
Minimum education: Bachelor’s degree
Minimum experience: 5 years as an experienced a System Engineer or Middleware Engineer (Application Server Administrator).
This position has responsibilities for supporting both internal system environments, application development efforts as well as partner and customer implementation and project initiatives. Responsible for working with application design and development teams to develop and enhance the MDMS application and architecture. Work with the technical environment team to support the MDMS application and architecture throughout the software development lifecycle process. Also responsible for working with partners and customers to architect, build, implement, and integrate the MDMS application.
Desired skills include:
Thorough understanding of technical infrastructures including application servers, database servers, networking, and security.
Experience working with enterprise based applications that are highly integrated using SOA enabled interfaces.
Proficient with IBM WebSphere and/or Oracle WebLogic installations and upgrades.
Experience with virtualization technology, specifically VMWare.
- Experience utilizing WebSphere and WebLogic scripting, such as Jython with Wsadmin tool.
- Experience working with Java development teams in the design and architecture of new J2EE applications.
- Expertise with application server clustering.
- Expertise with SOA integration (JMS, web-services).
- Expertise with security best practices and standards.
- Performance tuning and monitoring of UNIX systems and WebSphere and WebLogic application servers.
- Experience utilizing Oracle databases and SQL.
- Expertise working on UNIX systems.
- WebSphere and/or WebLogic certification preferred.
- Java development experience preferred.
Experience with cloud-based technology, provisioning, and hosting.
Conceptual understanding and experience with infrastructure as a service (IaaS).
Ecologic Analytics - 4 months ago
2001 - Ecologic Analytics implements the first MDMS for a large scale production environment at Puget Sound Energy, the longest running MDMS...