Systems Engineer: Concept Development & Planning
Los Angeles, CA
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides on-site systems engineering and concept development and planning services for the development, production, sustainment and future programs for the Defense Support Program (DSP) and Space Based Infrared System (SBIRS) at Los Angeles AFB. Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Monitoring, identifying, documenting, and reporting on the development, usage, data collection, modification/enhancement, integration, analysis, maintenance and documentation of air, surface, space, mission, information and system concepts, and Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs).
- Identify and report disconnects between impacts of new concepts being planned or developed, and provide solutions with recommendations that meet end-user needs
- Provide written technical assessments identifying disconnects between actual and planned performance to include any deviations in cost, schedule, quality, and all resulting impacts
- Perform analysis of space and ground systems and develop potential solutions and recommendations to the Government Task Lead
- Monitor, identify, document and report on the government approved AF Space OPIR advanced technology roadmap for sensors, payloads, ground systems, communications security systems, and spacecraft for its ability to address obsolescence, enhance produce-ability, and improve and evolve capability.
- Generate reports that outline, explain, and analyze the positive and negative impacts of advanced technology being developed and planned by Program Office and outside organizations.
- 10+ years experience in systems engineering and systems integration
- Knowledge of USAF space system acquisition processes
- Knowledge of OPIR architectures to include space, ground, and enterprise level
- Knowledge of the USAF or SMC systems engineering processes
- Strong communication, organizational, and leadership skills
- Ability to work in a high ops tempo, multi-discipline, multi-contractor, government-led environment
- DoD Level II or III certified in Systems Engineering (SPRD&E) or equivalent
- Experience in satellite operations
- Experience in operational or development testing
- Demonstrated ability to plan, initiate, coordinate, and execute a variety of tasks or special projects of varying scope and complexity.
Bachelor's degree in engineering (Master’s degree desired)
MTSI is an equal opportunity employer
A fast-paced and dynamic 100% employee-owned and operated technology firm, Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) provides leading-edge...