United Technology Aerospace Systems - ISR Systems in Princeton is looking for a highly motivated Systems Engineer within Rapid Prototype Engineering Team.
The employee will execute responsibilities consistent with his/her area of technical expertise while learning the role of a systems engineer under the supervision of an experienced systems engineer. Incumbent will support programs of minimal complexity in learning the duties associated with directing the technical and system managements efforts of an integrated engineering effort.
Incumbent will be part of a systems level prototyping team utilizing Shortwave Infrared (SWIR) imagers as a core technology to produce optical and imaging systems for applications such as: Night Vision, Laser Imaging, Military and Industrial Imaging systems.
1. Assists in the technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
2. Supports analysis of all levels of total system product, including: concept, design, fabrication, test,installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
3. Helps with planning project work schedules to meet completion dates and technical specifications.
4. Investigates and utilizes state-of-the-art tools and/or engineering software in the performance of his/her assignments.
5. May act as a liaison between program/product management and members of the engineering staff
4 year degree in engineering or physics 4 year degree in engineering / Optical / or physics.
Understanding of basic concepts/theory relating to optics, lasers, the Electromagnetic Spectrum, spectroscopy, and imaging detectors
Yrs. of Experience 0-2+ years
Candidate must be a US Citizen and/or Green Card Holder
Sensors Unlimited, a UTC Aerospace Systems company is the leading developer and manufacturer of shortwave infrared (SWIR) one and two dimension focal plane arrays and cameras. Our products have diverse applications in telecommunications, process/quality control, fiber optics inspection and military imaging industries. For additional information on our business, please visit our website: www.sensorsinc.com.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
United Technologies - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard