We are seeking full-time, highly professional, career-oriented, mid to senior level Systems Engineers with an emphasis in control systems, communications or computer engineering. Knowledge of electric utilities, power systems, communications, control systems and/or networking is desired.
Design, plan and test hardware and software requirements on customer systems.
Define project requirements through customer communication and communicate the requirements to other departments as necessary.
Provide networking and system/application design.
Customize system, hardware and network configuration based on customer requirements.
Design and manage internal and customer project technical standards and processes.
Perform research and development for automation and efficiency improvements.
Manage technical deliverable quality.
Problem solve difficult customer project technical issues.
The responsibilities listed reflect essential functions and do not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- BS or MS degree from an accredited institution in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering or related field.
- 2-3 years of related work experience required.
- Strong technical background in automation and computers. Familiarity with public utilities.
- Knowledge of computer programming including a minimum of introduction to C programming.
- Knowledge of computer architectures, networking, databases and operating systems.
- Networking, third party software and third party hardware experience is preferred.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, time management, task management and leadership skills.
- Strong commitment to providing superior customer service.
- Ability to work on several projects in parallel in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability and flexibility to travel to domestic and international customer sites.
- Permanent work authorization in the United States.
Open Systems International, Inc. (OSI)
- 2 years ago - save job
OSI is the leading supplier of open automation solutions for real-time management and optimization of complex production, transport, and...