This junior level position will support the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Keyport Washington and will provide engineering support for the Code 40 CV-TSC program.The successful candidate for this Systems Engineer position will participate in software engineering process areas identified in SW-CMM/CMMI Maturity Level 2 practices (or higher) including change management, defect management, requirements analysis, and standards compliance. Develop and update design documentation (Design Description Document (DDD), Software Requirements Documents (SRD), Software Design Documents (SDD), and Software Version Description (SVD)); decompose high level requirements into verifiable requirements, implement requirements through the code writing process, check in code, provide technical writing services to support development of help files, and fix defects and change requests as managed by the CV-TSC Configuration Control Board (CCB) and Trouble Report Board (TRB). Participate in the CCB and TRB as required. Develop briefing materials, white papers, and recommendations as part of the design and development process. Requirements: Please be sure to address all stated requirements of posted requisition in resume. Only resumes that specifically include all requirements will be considered.
- Eligible to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance (US Citizenship required) and continued employment will be dependant upon ability to immediately obtain a Secret clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline and at least two years related work experience
- Work experience with complex project level software engineering analysis
- Experience using MS Office Suite/MS Outlook (emphasis on Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook, Project) and other computer based applications
- Experience working in a fast paced IT development/Systems engineering environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities and skills
- Ability to understand and learn new requirements quickly
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 10%
BAE Systems is a premier global defense, aerospace and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
- Current active Secret or above security clearance
- Experience in acoustic digital software/systems engineering processes
- Knowledge and experience with NUWC Keyport Tactical Software related programs
- Proficiency in Computer programming languages
- Software configuration management experience
The Support Solutions (S2) sector provides a wide range of products and services, including engineering, systems integration, ship repair, and readiness & sustainment for military and commercial customers throughout the product life cycle, anywhere around the world. This sector is headquartered in Washington, D.C. Core capabilities include:
• Expertise as a leading provider of non-nuclear ship repair and overhaul services
• Sustainment services to extend the viability of existing land and maritime platforms at home and in theater, while modernizing to meet evolving threats
• Experienced partner providing seamless, onsite management of military and government customer operations
• High-volume producer of protective and load-carrying gear for military personnel
People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that understands the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture.
BAE Systems - 9 months ago
BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and...