Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) is a worldwide provider of network security appliances and the market leader in unified threat management (UTM). Our products and subscription services provide broad, integrated and high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT security infrastructure. Fortinet is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., with offices around the world. If you're looking for a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding environment, then Fortinet is the place for you. We are an equal opportunity employer offering exciting work, competitive compensation and benefits. Fortinet is looking for the best and the brightest to join our highly motivated team. Fortinet is looking for a Sr. Systems Engineer to work closely with a sales representative in the US Carrier and Service Provider sales organization. The Systems Engineer's main mission will be to support the sales organization in all technical matters regarding pre-sales, sales calls, and post-sales. Job Responsibilities *Assist in qualifying sales leads from a technical standpoint.
Job Skills Required *3 - 5 years experience in technical/pre-sales support as a sales or systems engineer
- Be the main technical resource on sales calls
- Answer / educate the customer on issues ranging from features, specifications and functionality to integration.
- Conduct power point technical presentations on site, or via webex.
- Provide support for evaluations and PoC
- Conversant with networking applications and solutions.
- Be the lead technical contact for identified accounts for technical issues
- Work closely with the technical support team and engineering to answer, escalate, and resolve customer's technical issues.
- Provide assistance to identified customers with post-sales training.
Educational Requirements *Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in computing
- 5 - 7 years experience in LAN/WAN/Internet services administration, Network Security
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, Firewall concepts
- Knowledge of the following technologies: Routing, Switching, VPN, LAN, WAN, Intrusion Detection, Anti Virus, Web Filtering.
- Strong understanding in the following technologies and protocols: RADIUS, PKI, IKE, Certificates, L2TP, IPSEC, 802.1Q, MD5, SSH, SSL, SHA1, DES, 3DES, BGP, OSPF, STP/MSTP, HTTP, JSON, LDAP
- Experience with encryption and authentication technologies required
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Self motivated team player
Fortinet Technologies - 19 months ago