- Work closely with clients, partners, other consultants and project managers to deliver scalable, re-usable, and well-documented solutions.
- Drive solution adoption and business value realization through the analysis and transformation of clients' existing data centre operational models - driving our customers to manage their IT as a business.
- Maintain open lines of communication throughout each project phase, highlighting progress and issues to all stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Pro-actively maintain a profound technical and functional knowledge of client solutions and offerings.
Solid hands-on experience with:
- 5+ years background in IT consulting (preferably in the enterprise).
- 5+ years administering J2EE platforms (Websphere, Weblogic, Jboss, Geronimo, Websphere Portal).
- Solid understanding of Application Release engineering and application lifecycle process management.
- Solid understanding of patching and provisioning of Middleware and J2EE applications.
- Significant experience with scripting either in Linux/Unix or Windows environments (Perl, Python, Shell, Batch).
- Experience with implementing CMMI methodologies a strong plus
- Experience engineering solutions and developing best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated, enterprising, excellent team player, also able to work autonomously
- At least one of the major middleware platforms (preferably Websphere) with understanding of command line utilities used to drive operation/configuration.
- Phurnace, Bladelogic and Atrium orchestrator experience a nice to have or similar automation products from HP, IBM or CA- Solid understanding of programming concepts and development lifecycle.
- Exposure to structured configuration data formats (specifically XML).
- Hands on experience in an IT Operations role (e.g. programmer, system administrator) and established IT operations methodology experience (e.g. ITSM/ITIL).
- System administration skills in both Unix/Linux and Windows along with understanding of general communication protocols such as SSH, Telnet, SNMP, and SOAP.
- Experience working with Build and Release tools
Founded in 2001, Instant Technology is an IT talent management firm that facilitates the growth of technology teams through Contingent Labor...