adMarketplace is looking for an exceptionally talented and experienced hands-on Systems Engineer who will assist and run our Linux systems operations, test and production environments.
Our ad servers are queried for advertisements over 2 billion times each day, so our databases, which run on CentOS, require extremely low latency and high availability. We have custom Python ETL jobs that collect log files from all over the environment and crunch them into near real-time reports.
Our Systems Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Actively monitor system performance and stability
- Respond to alerts, perform analysis and troubleshooting, escalate issues as necessary
- Create and maintain system documentation
- Respond to trouble tickets
- Assist system engineering and development teams as needed
- Participate in an on-call rotation for mission critical alerts
- Bachelor's degree in CS, MIS, or other related field (or equivalent experience)
- 3-8 years of experience supporting open-source infrastructure
- Solid understanding of UNIX and networking concepts
- Experience with Red Hat / CentOS
- Working knowledge of scripting languages, preferably: Bash, Python, Ruby
- Experience with: Java, Tomcat, MySQL, MongoDB, Nagios, Puppet
- Dell and HP hardware or 3Com switch experience a plus
adMarketplace is a technology company with the largest search advertising network outside of the major search engines. Recently named the 8th fastest-growing private company in New York, adMarketplace provides data-driven performance at scale to the Internet’s leading marketers and their agencies through its powerful yet easy-to-use search syndication platform.
Additionally, adMarketplace is a flat organization with empowered, self-directed teams that value honesty, commitment, accountability and results. Our employees are known in advertising and technology circles as the advisors to the experts. We organize and host meet-ups, speak in public about our industry and technology trends, and are often quoted in the press.
Experience Big Data in your career—at 2 billion query requests per day and 1 TB of data generated per hour, we ARE Big Data.
Our recently renovated offices overlook the fabulous mid-town skyline. We serve healthy gourmet lunches to our team and provide weekly
"lunch & learns". Ping-pong tables, fully stocked beverage cooler, kegorator, fantasy football leagues, video game tournaments all serve as great reminders that hard work can always be balanced with fun.
adMarketplace - 13 months ago
adMarketplace is a privately held digital advertising company that operates the largest global search network outside of the major search...