PRIDE Industries is a fast paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join our outstanding Information Technology team at our headquarters in Roseville, CA.
This position designs and administers information systems and networks, including deploying and maintaining server and network operating systems and dependent applications. Tasks will include capacity planning, system implementation, performance monitoring, disaster recovery, identity management, operating-environment troubleshooting, and security procedure development.
Other duties and requirements for this position include but may not be limited to the following:
Nights and Weekend work required on an as needed basis.
- System administration, MicroSoft server management and maintenance
- Disaster Recovery, Identity Management and Systems Security
- Write system-level code using proprietary and open source software
- Install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot operating system and products
- Software engineering and code development for UNIX or LINUX-based applications
- Configure network files, storage solutions and LDAP management
- Apply load testing and capacity planning with single & pooled servers
- Manage server infrastructure and design and develop server standards
- Evaluate tools and core functions for upgrade and improvement
- Deploy VPNs and configure encryption for files and network service protocols
- Create and implement security procedures and restricted data classifications
- Actively participate in systems architecture strategy development
- BS Computer Science or related degree and experience
- 5+ years of senior level systems and network administration
- Expert level knowledge in paging & swapping and inter-process communications
- SharePoint Administration
- Work experience in PERL, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, SSH, TELNET, and related s/w
- Ability to support database servers and MYSQL administration
- Ability to lead meetings and interface with interdepartmental management teams
The qualified candidate will have excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skills necessary to manage and oversee a large-scale IT enterprise. Applicants should demonstrate an ability to build and maintain an effective team-oriented work environment and supervise a technical support staff.
PRIDE Industries provides outstanding benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K, vacation, sick pay as well as competitive salary. If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply on-line at www.prideindustries.com. PRIDE Industries is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to affirmative action, work-force diversity and a drug-free working environment. View our website to learn more!
PRIDE Industries, one of the nation's largest employers of people with disabilities, provides a selection of outsourcing solutions to meet...