This position is a member of the DOORS team for GPS. The candidate will collaborate directly with management, engineers and customers. The candidate will support the GPS SE&I program within the SI Organization’s National Security Space Group.
Specific responsibilities for this position will include :
The candidate will populate and maintain traceability of all technical specifications and ICDs within DOORS. The effort will link to the prime contractor’s segment specifications. This includes systems administration of the existing CM Library, and leading in the migration and integration of new Specs and ICD’s. Support the tools and process for maintenance and change applicable to this baseline. Create status reports and metrics to track database integrity. The candidate will analyze the impact of requirements changes on other stakeholders and on the enterprise. The candidate will use DOORS to maintain a full history of requirements and ICD decisions.
The ideal candidate will have 15+ years’ experience working with complex programs from Requirements Management and Configuration management. The candidate will be responsible for identifying, managing, and resolving issues as needed. Briefing status, findings, and recommendations at reviews/forums as required.
Extensive prior experience with DOORS is required. The position requires experience in technical document maintenance, along with knowledge of change management processes and software. Experience in DXL scripting and SQL knowledge / experience, schema development, requirements trace, document management and documentation migration are required.
Position Requirements :
• Required Education/Experience: Minimally, 9 – 13 years of working experience; BS and 9 years of related experience or MS and 7 years of related experience or PhD and 4 years of related experience
• Systems Engineering experience on large complex systems and experience in several SE domain areas
• The ability to perform on time-sensitive projects.
• The ability to understand complex issues, to work with a team to develop closure plans.
• The ability to coordinate with program stakeholders and to work issues to closure.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to integrate with other organizations/teams both government and contractor lead to ensure a cohesive analysis and solution are defined
• The candidate needs to be a technical leader capable of delivering customer solutions in a timely fashion.
Desired experience :
• Prior Experience with SMC is desired but not required.
Clearance requirement :
The SI Organization is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/V/D
The SI Organization, Inc. - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard -