- A marquee client of World IT Solutions is seeking a Data Center Team Lead for their Hosting Operations to provide technical leadership to the team responsible for building and maintaining a comprehensive cloud services hosting platform. This is a hands-on role and the successful candidate will be expected to function as a Senior Systems Engineer in addition to providing overall technical leadership. The ideal person for this position will strike a proper balance between leadership and day-to-day systems engineering responsibilities. The position reports to the Director of Hosting Operations.
The position requires an operational leader with experience in building out data centers and server infrastructure. Duties will include:
- Lead, develop, and coach hosting staff.
- Function as the technical lead for all cloud services operations.
- Serves as a guide and mentor for systems engineers. Provides technical leadership and consultation with regards to practices, procedures and techniques.
- Provides architectural design for network, servers & storage infrastructure that comprises the company's cloud services hosting platform.
- Performs installs, upgrades & maintenance of hosted software and related components
- Leads in the identification and resolution of problems and defects. Initiates investigation processes, identifies and reproduces bugs or defects and drives issues and improvements to resolution.
- Leads in the development and ongoing management of planned maintenance tasks to ensure a healthy and secure cloud services platform. Regularly participates in maintenance events in collaboration with the team of systems engineers.
- Provides effective communications with both internal and external customers of varying levels of technical understanding. Build trustworthy relationships and foster positive partnerships with all internal and external customers.
- Proactively seek and uncover new partnership opportunities within key company accounts. Communicate and present discovered opportunities to management for consideration
- Develop, update and maintain centralized documentation for all cloud services hosting operations.
- Collaborates with Professional Service, Customer Service and Product Development departments to ensure both customer facing and internal projects are completed on time and within budget. Ensure a streamlined process is developed and maintained for problem resolution.
- Ensure the rigorous application of information security and information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of systems administration services. This includes maintaining PCI 2.0 standards compliance and SSAE 16 type II standards.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Perform other projects as assigned
Please submit your resume and a brief description of how you meet these requirements along with your resume. If you do not currently live in the Washington, DC metro area and are applying for this position, please explain the circumstances of your relocation.
- Qualified candidates will have a BS degree coupled with a minimum 5 years of experience as a system administrator or engineer in an enterprise-class cloud services hosting environment or combined equivalent experience.
- Either one or a combination of certifications in Microsoft, VMware or Cisco highly preferred.
- Demonstrated strong hands-on system administration of Microsoft technologies to include server operating systems, IIS, SQL, .NET, SharePoint, Exchange and Active Directory
- Demonstrated strong system administration of VMware software, Cisco IOS, HP 3PAR storage Area networks and Dell servers.
- Demonstrated effective time management, presentation, organization and administration skills are a required
- Strong ability to effectively coordinate multi-phase projects and communicate with internal and external organizations across functional disciplines.
- Ability to take total ownership and/or coordinate projects from beginning to end, working with multiple departments and outside organizations effectively.
- Ability to prioritize activities in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task to keep projects on schedule and within defined goals with meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours to include nights and weekends. On-call shifts required.
World IT Solutions - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -