If you want to work for a global, fast-paced organization dedicated to improving the development and marketing of medicines, Quintiles is the place for you. We are seeking dynamic, highly motivated and results focused individuals that take an innovative and consultative approach to driving and achieving success.
Apply now for our Systems Engineer position located in our Morrisville, NC office.
Top level technical expert in one or more highly specialized areas of IT engineering. Acts independently under general direction. Provides technical leadership on complex projects. May act as expert in business or functional area. Formulates and defines system scope and objectives. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results. Prepares detailed specifications from which
programs will be written. Responsible for system design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation. Has full technical knowledge of all phases of system development. May be responsible for multiple phases of a project. May have duties instructing, directing, and checking the work of other system engineering personnel. May have quality assurance review responsibilities.
Serve as top level technical expert on large, complex projects
Engineers software, system and/or programming solutions across projects and/or technologies to meet internal and external needs
Prepares complex design, development, implementation, and maintenance plans for systems
Defines deliverables, costs and benefits and ROI
Interact with corporate and project team members to negotiate timelines, responsibilities, and deliverables
Programs, tests, and documents systems in accordance with programming standards and validation procedures
Performs peer review of work products such as code, designs, and test plans produced by other team members with regard to IT standards and procedures
Serves on or may lead company committees and task forces to develop technical solutions for projects or client needs
Provides long term evaluations of systems, company wide
Update corporate information sets associated with application information, such as PDRS and Application Portfolio database
Mentor junior team members in training and developing technical expertise
Performs other duties as directed
All responsibilities are essential job functions unless noted as nonessential (N).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Proficiency in one or more of the following: VB.Net, C#, ASP.Net, Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft .Net, PeopleTools, Java, hardware/software/infrastructure setup and testing (based on specific position)
• RDBMS system (expert in one of the following: Oracle, MS SQL Server)
• SQL, PL/SQL. and/or T-SQL
• Cognos and XML experience preferred
• Possess an expert knowledge in software development tools, practices, and lifecycle methodologies
• Possess a strong knowledge of the clinical drug development industry, procedures/processes, and regulatory standards
• Possess excellent organizational, communication, and technical database skills
• Must possess experience in specific technologies appropriate to the specific role specification. Experience should include hardware and software selection, testing, and specification.
• Must possess one or more industry recognized certifications appropriate to the specific role or be able to demonstrate equivalent expertise through extended experience or other methods
• Possess 2 years experience in hardware and software testing specific to the role
Possess excellent aural, verbal, and written communications skills, to include writing/editing of technical
documentation for international audiences; effective presentation skills
• Ability to serve as technical leader on a global engineering team
• Ability to assess/diagnose problems and requirements for work, identify root causes of technical problems, and recommend solutions
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Master’s Degree in computer science or related field with a minimum 9 years relevant work experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech
• Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers
• Regular sitting for extended periods of time
Quintiles Transnational - 11 months ago
Quintiles Transnational has plenty to CRO about. One of the world's top contract research organizations (CROs), it...