VIP is looking for a Systems Engineer for a multi-year project with a Federal Client of ours. The work will be performed in our Alexandria, VA office.
The Systems Engineer shall provide system support tasks to include, but are not limited to, the following:
Manage project hardware, related firmware, hardware maintenance, vendor services, and software as directed by Customer.
Perform system testing, configuration management, and quality assurance testing of project hardware, software, and applications as required by Customer and hosting center(s).
Support the on-going automated ETL processes of data ingestion
Oral and written communication, planning and execution.
- 3- 5 years' experience of Systems Engineering experience
- Experience with cloudera and/or hadoop
- Linux; RedHat preferred
- Secret clearance with ability to pass government background check
- Firewall and system security; SSL Certificates; System patching and management; system backup strategies
******All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. EOE/F/M/DV. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.********
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science; direct experience can offset
- 3 years ago - save job